Skip to main content
Elizabeth Anne Hoffman

Elizabeth Hoffman’s Answers

1 total

  • Can I have a relationship with a registered sex offender and keep custody of my son?

    The man was in prison for about a year, now has 2 more years (out of 3) probation left. No criminal record prior or after. Situation was, the girl said he put a finger in her behind while she was asleep at a party. (both adults) The court tried t...

    Elizabeth’s Answer

    Mr. Hawkins & Mr. Tanner are correct. The court must limit your time with your child if you co-habit with a sex offender. The court will not care that he claims to have been wrongfully charged, only that he was convicted of a sex offense against a child. It would be a legal error for the court not to restrict your time under the statute.

    See question