Skip to main content
Tom Youngjohn

Tom Youngjohn’s Legal Guides

12 total

  • N-400 Naturalization

    Some Lawful Permanent Residents don't try to become US citizens. Perhaps they don't want to. Perhaps they do want to, but they don't think their English is good enough or they don't think that they can pass the test. Becoming a US citizen is called naturalization, and is as easy,...

    Read more 

  • The I-864 Affidavit of Support

    When someone, say the beneficiary, is immigrating to the US based on a petition by a relative, a financial sponsor is required, sometimes more than one. The financial sponsor must file an affidavit of support, either a form I-864EZ or a I-864. (I prefer the I-864, in case a joint...

    Read more