Skip to main content
Kelly Knivila

Kelly Knivila’s Answers

1 total

  • Can a doctor withhold my medical records due to an unpaid bill?

    Just wondering what the laws are about this.

    Kelly’s Answer

    Probably not. You need to check with the state board or association that licenses physicians in your state. In many states, there are statutes or rules that prohibit this type of conduct as unprofessional conduct. You can call the Bureau of Health Licensure and Regulation at (615) 741-8402 to find out the contact information for the medical licensing board in your state.

    See question