30 years, 450 cases
30 years, 295 cases
28 years, 50 cases
22 years, 50 cases
JEREMY OLSAN is the principal of Olsan Law, Inc.
From 2008 until 2020 Jeremy was a partner in the firm of Perry, Johnson, Anderson, Miller & Moskowitz, LLP, where he led the firm’s real estate and business law practice groups. Prior to joining the Perry firm as a partner in 2008, he had been a shareholder for ten years with the Santa Rosa firm of Anderson, Zeigler, Disharoon, Gallagher & Gray.
Honors and Achievements:
• Since 2012, Jeremy has been recognized by his peers as an AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated Attorney*.
• In 2016, the State Bar Board of Trustees appointed Jeremy to the Executive Committee of the Real Property Law Section of the Bar, where he served as a Vice Chair.
• In 2018, Jeremy was appointed by the California Lawyers Association to its Real Property Law Section Executive Committee, where he now serves as an Advisor.
• Jeremy has been recognized by his peers by being named to the list of Northern California Super Lawyers® in 2016, 2017, 2018, 2020, 2021, and 2022.
• In March 2010, Jeremy was voted the “Best Attorney, Sonoma County”, by the readers of the North Bay Bohemian Newspaper, whose readers again voted him “Best Business Attorney, Sonoma County” in 2018.
Education and Experience: Jeremy graduated from UC Berkeley and from McGeorge School of Law at the University of the Pacific, where he was on the Board of Editors of the Pacific Law Journal. Before law school, he was a commercial real estate agent, and served as the Executive Director of the California State Senate Advisory Commission on Cost Control in State Government.
Real Estate and Business Law Practice: Jeremy has negotiated and documented many significant real estate and business transactions, including purchases, sales, leasing and construction of shopping centers, office buildings, wineries, vineyards, ranches, development and subdivision land, estate homes, conservation and other easements. He also assists clients with construction contracts, land use, zoning and planning matters.
Jeremy works on all aspects of business and corporate matters, including the formation, governance and dissolution of business entities and the review and documentation of routine and complex business and commercial contracts. His practice includes analyzing, negotiating and preparing asset, stock and membership interest purchase and sale agreements, partnership agreements, buy-sell agreements, real property purchase and sale agreements, leases and licensing agreements. He has represented companies and owners in numerous stock and asset acquisitions and divestitures and other complex business and commercial transactions.
Some of his notable real estate and development transactions include: representing the Sonoma Land Trust in the acquisition of Jenner Headlands, the largest conservation land acquisition in Sonoma County history at the time of its completion; representing Codding Enterprises in its sale of a tenancy in common interest in Coddingtown Mall to Simon Property Group; representing the private seller of a 27,000-acre, 250+ parcel ranch; and representation of the Sonoma State University Academic Foundation in the financing and development of the Green Music Center.
Representative Clients: Jeremy has represented private individuals, businesses of all kinds, non-profit corporations, and academic and governmental institutions, including the Sonoma Land Trust, Codding Enterprises, Healdsburg Hospitality Group, Korbel Champagne Cellars, Dehlinger Winery, Calistoga Winegrowers, Domaine Della Winery, Siduri Wines, Copain Wine Cellars, Boich Family Cellars, Sonoma State University Foundation, Sonoma State Enterprises, Audubon Canyon Ranch, Prudential California Realty, Manor Development Company, Shook and Waller Construction, the City of Santa Rosa, and the North Bay, Marin, and Oakland/Berkeley Associations of REALTORS®. He is frequently called on to lecture to and consult with real estate industry groups and brokers on transactional and disclosure issues, broker risk management, and on broker discipline and arbitration hearings. He is a regular participant in the California Association of REALTORS®’ Legal Affairs Forums, and participates in the development of the statewide Association’s real estate contract forms that are the gold standard in California.
Community Leadership: Jeremy is an active community volunteer and leader. He is currently Chair of the Board of Directors of the Career Technical Education Foundation, and he Chairs the Governance Committee of the Board of Directors of the Redwood Empire Food Bank. He was Vice Chair of the Executive Committee of the California Lawyers Association Real Property Law Section, where he continues as an Advisor, and he is a past President of the Santa Rosa Downtown Market Board of Directors. Jeremy served for over a decade on the Board of Directors and Executive Committee Member at the Volunteer Center of Sonoma County, and he is a past president of Santa Rosa’s Reform Jewish synagogue, Congregation Shomrei Torah. Jeremy has provided pro bono legal services for select local non-profits, which have included the Sonoma County Bicycle Coalition, Napa Bicycle Coalition, Ceres Community Project, Starcross Monastic Community, Audubon Canyon Ranch, Congregation Shomrei Torah, Redwood Empire Food Bank, CTE Foundation, and the Volunteer Center of Sonoma County.
* AV®, BV®, AV Preeminent® and BV Distinguished® are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used under in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories - legal ability and general ethical standards.
We have not found any instances of professional misconduct for this lawyer.