Skip to main content
Sean Larkin

Sean Larkin’s Answers

2 total

  • Is there a way to find out the approval/denial rates of immigration judges in San Francisco for non asylum seekers?

    I keep coming across their asylum rates, but the case has more to do with proving bonafide marriage, so the asylum rates don't help me much in figuring out the percentage of people who get to stay after the IJ's approval. The case got denied becau...

    Sean’s Answer

    Your legal ability to seek asylum is different than seeking residency through marriage. Also, a bonafide marriage may be established through the testimony of various parties. Do not present "fake" documents. If this is ever discovered you would lose residency and may be prosecuted. Take the advise of the other answering attorneys and seek legal counsel.

    See question 
  • In Immigration and Criminal Defense, what is the difference between Penal Code 1210.1 and Penal Code 1203.4?

    Is there any difference between the Penal Code 1210.1 and Penal Code 1203.4? Is penal code 1210.1 a dismissal without conviction while Penal 1203.4 is an expungement after being convicted?

    Sean’s Answer

    If this question concerns someone who is not a U.S. Citizen, contact an immigration attorney who is experienced in the immigration consequences of criminal convictions.

    See question