|Award name||Grantor||Date granted|
|Commendation for Volunteer Services||City of Palo Alto||N/A|
|Temporary Judge||Santa Clara County Court||2014 - 2014|
|Judicial Law Clerk for Superior Court Judge||Alameda County Superior Court||1975 - 1976|
|Association name||Position name||Duration|
|Palo Alto Area Bar Association||Co-Founder and Co-Chair of Mediation Panel||2012 - Present|
|Palo Alto Mediation Program||Volunteer Mediator||2011 - Present|
|Palo Alto Area Bar Association||Co-Founder and Co-Chair of Family Law Section||2011 - 2012|
|Undisclosed for attorney-client privilege purposes||Settled|
|See all legal cases|
|Palo Alto Weekly: Member of Board of Contributors||Mediation/Collaboration||2009|
|Golden Gate Univ SOL||N/A||law||N/A|
|Stanford Continuing Studies Program||Using the tools of mediation to arrive at a win win conflict resolution result||2014|
|Silicon Valley Humanist Organization||Mediation||2014|
|San Mateo County Estate Planning Section||Cross Over Issues Between Family Law and Probate||2014|
|Palo Alto High School||Mediation||2014|
|Academy of Professional Family Mediators||Mediation||2014|
|Family Law and Business Law Presentation||What happens when a business interest ends up in family court||2013|
|Stanford University Continuing Studies||Course Instructor: Mastering Mediation Methods: Attaining Win-Win Conflict Resolution Results||2012|
|Conference for Employee Help Organization||Using Mediation sklls and concepts in the job interview.||2012|
|Palo Alto Area Bar Association||The Seven Pitfalls Attorneys Make In Mediation||2011|
|Not applicable||Cable television programs regarding racial profiling; regarding intergenerational relations.||N/A|
Posted by I-Jong
Jeff turned a bad situation where:
1) my ex-wife left me,
2) she took my 4 year-old child without informing me of his location,
3) she took up residence with another man,
4) she claimed full custody of my son because of Japanese law even though she was an American Citizen and lived in the U.S. for the last five years,
5) she demanded significant support payments for many years for once a month contact with my son,
5) she threaten to take him to Japan, whenever she personally judged any perceived lack of cooperation or support.
The results with Jeff Blum after 1 year of litigation and $42K are, as follows:
1) my son's passports were held by the court after 1 month.
2) supervised visitation with my son was established after 2 months,
3) American legal jurisdiction was established after 3 months (ruling from the bench),
3) we ramped up to 50/50 Joint custody of my son after 6 months,
4) a hard-nosed, but fair settlement was entered after approximately a year.
Jeff has an excellent knowledge of law and the whole process of determination of child custody in San Mateo County. He was a calm and cool, but hard-nosed presence in the courtroom, and his settlement seems to be rather bullet-proof. If you want to use the court as a means of retribution, histrionics or mutual game playing with your spouse, Jeff would not be a good fit for you. Jeff is also a bit expensive, but he does things right the first time and he even allowed me to the majority of research on my time to save costs. However, if you are trying to get a fair shake from your spouse, and need to deal with her/his questionable tactics, Jeff reversed a pretty terrible position with my son and ex-wife and got me to joint custody of my son and a fair settlement at a pretty good pace. The end result was equitable, the cost was somewhat high, but that's divorce, folks. From my own personal experience, I would highly recommend Jeff for family law in Sam Mateo County of California.
Posted by Deborah
Jeffrey was my attorney in a very difficult divorce (my ex-husband was in jail during most of the proceedings). He was very sympathetic to my situation and worked with me throughout the proceedings. At one point, I didn't have access to my money for a while, and he was very patient with me until we could get the necessary agreements in place.