Skip to main content
Barry Thomas Simons

Barry Simons’s Answers

2 total

  • I got a dui 7 months ago in la. i am currently on probation.1 month ago got a ticket driving on a suspended can i get classA bk

    I got a dui 7 months in pomna . i am currently on probation.1 month ago got driving on a suspended license in el monte will i be able to get my class A license back. even though I violated my summary probation ?

    Barry’s Answer

    Your conviction in Pomona triggered a 6 mo. suspension which can be converted into a restricted by showing proof of enrollment in a 1st offender program, filing an SR22 proof of insurance and paying a reinstatement fee. You probably had an Administrative suspension from the DMV as well which can also be converted. If you do that, an experienced criminal lawyer may be able to get your suspended license case reduced to a VC 12500 which is a non point count charge. This will help avoid a new suspension based upon too many points in one year and also avoid what is a mandatory jail sentence for driving on a suspended license fro a DUI related conviction.

    See question 
  • Charged with dui At the arrainment I was told that no charges were filed. 3 arrainments no charge Can I have this case dismissed

    I had an accident near home and 911 was called. Just left store buying 18 pk of beer in truck at the time of my accident, which flew everywhere. I was not drinking at the time of the accident. My dog flew out the back window and I was freak out wh...

    Barry’s Answer

    You have a number of issues. Assuming that no one was injured in the accident then the District Attorney has 1 year to file charges against you. The longer they wait, the better your chances are. If your blood alcohol level was below .08% some prosecutors will not file charges but many will. There are (2) seperate offenses in California, CVC 23152(a) makes it a crime to drive while under the influence of alcohol and that can be as low as .05%. You should hire an experienced DUI Lawyer to investigate the status of your case and find out what the results of the blood test were. If you were below a .08% the DMV should not have suspended your license. If you failed to request a hearing within (10) days of your arrest, the DMV may have suspended your license based on the information sent to them by the police. If the case is not filed by the District Attorney you might be able to have an attorney get your DMV case re-opened.

    See question