Skip to main content
Leon Jeffrey Snaid

Leon Snaid’s Answers

2 total

  • Hardship letter wasnot approved

    my hardship letter was not approved because of not enough proof i got punished 10 years. is there a way to avoid 10 years or i have to wait ?

    Leon’s Answer

    I assume that your petition was based on marriage to a U.S,citizen. The hardship must be to the U.S. Citizen and not to you. When dealing with the term "Extreme Hardship" in a waiver application, you should think of it as "Unbelievable Hardship." Each case is different and you need significant documentation to prove extreme hardship.

    See question 
  • I got married to a US citizen and I want to file my paperwork and switch my status. I am currently on a student visa.

    how much would the whole process cost?

    Leon’s Answer

    A point that is sometimes overlooked by applicants, when representing themselves is the timing of the marriage and the filing for permanent residence. If you get married within 30 days of entering the USA after a brief visit abroad, there is a presumption that you had a preconceived intent to apply for permanent residence. This is a contradiction to your claim to the US government, when you reentered the USA that it was your intention to return to your country of residence after your studies.
    A marriage 60 days or longer after entering the USA presumes that you changed your mind and decided on permanent residence AFTER you returned to the USA.
    Costs of attorneys services vary, depending on the attorneys experience and the services to be performed. An attorney who attends the interview with you will also charge more for services than one who only prepares the documents

    See question