Deniz is a native of Southern California. He earned a scholarship playing college football. He earned the honor of Academic All-American.
After college he spent a few years as a high school educator and a varsity football coach. He then followed his dreams and attended law school. During law school he focused on helping people navigate through the legal system. He had internships with Prisoner Legal Services, Marin County Counsel, and Contra Costa Senior Legal Services.
In January 2004, he joined the ranks of the District Attorney’s Office. There, he learned behind-the-scene intricacies of criminal prosecution and was quickly promoted to Deputy District Attorney IV. Mr. Deniz worked closely with law enforcement. He went on ride-a-longs with police offices, reviewed police reports, filed criminal charges, negotiated plea bargain deals, interviewed expert witnesses and successfully tried more than 50 jury cases. He received training in evidence, trial technique, and felony sentencing from the California District Attorney Association.
In March 2009, he became a Deputy at the San Diego City Attorney’s Office. http://www.sandiego.gov/cityattorney/divisions/criminal/ As a Deputy City Attorney he spent time in several units including the Domestic Violence, Issuing, and general trial unit. In 2012, he tried 13 jury trials alone. He was Prosecutor of the Month for September 2011 and November 2012. He has conducted over 70 jury trials as well as hundreds of motions and hearings. He handled thousands of cases while with the City Attorney’s office alone.
Mr. Deniz learned the prosecution's side of the law from the inside out, with all its strengths and weaknesses. This is unique and vital knowledge for a defense attorney. Preferring private practice and being well-armed with first-hand experience in the District Attorney's office and the City Attorney’s office, Mr. Deniz opened his own practice, focusing on San Diego DUI and San Diego criminal cases. With his depth of experience, he knew there were better ways to get favorable results besides the generic, impersonal approach often found in big law firms, and those without the knowledge of the inner workings of the prosecution.
Mr. Deniz opened his own law firm to satisfy clients' needs for individualized, professional services, tailored to give a quality defense that has reasonable and realistic fees.
At the Law Offices of Mark Deniz, Mr. Deniz provides his personalized, aggressive litigation expertise to each and every case. Your case will not be assigned to a junior-level associate. By handling the cases himself, Mr. Deniz provides his clients with top-shelf attention. Criminal Law has many attended and unintended consequences; you must have quality representation. You have to try your best to get out of an unsympathetic and complex system.
Mark Deniz is active and up-to-date within the legal community. This includes:
· Attended the prestigious National Advocacy Center in Columbia, South Carolina.
· Member of California DUI Lawyers Association
· Member of National College of DUI Defense
· Member of San Diego Criminal Defense Bar
· Member San Diego County Bar Association
Mr. Deniz also sits on several consulting and referral panels throughout San Diego County.
Some other tidbits about Mr. Deniz include:
· Former Special Prosecutor for the Auto Theft task force
· Was Prosecutor of the Month in San Diego for September 2011 and November 2012.
· Former member of the California District Attorney’s Association
· Respected by judges, court staff, prosecutors, and his colleagues in the criminal defense bar.
· Mark graduated from the prestigious and rigorous National College of DUI Defense Summer Session, held at Harvard Law School in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
* Graduated from La Pier’s rigorous DWI Detection and Standardized Field Sobriety Testing course; he is certified in Standardized Field Sobriety Tests under NHTSA (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration).