5.0 stars 20 totalReview Brenda Geiger
Posted by Adam
Brenda and her team handled my will and trust with efficiency and made it very simple for me (since I knew little about the process}. I have since referred Brenda to multiple friends and family members and have posted about my happiness with the process on Facebook, I am big on referrals, and like to get referrals as well as give them.... so I would totally recommend Geiger Law Offices anytime.
Posted by Pat
I have been with Geiger Law for over 12 years. They are "very" professional and know there stuff! Recently when my Mom's Cancer returned I needed a Power of Attorney fast. They took care of it right away. I know I can always count on there professional help!
Thank you, Thank you!
Posted by anonymous
It's easy to access from your legal plan benefit.
1. We met initially with an associate and planned the trust.
2. We scheduled the signing of the completed trust and everything was incorrect on the whole trust. The associate wasn't there for the signing meeting though, only the paralegal. We asked very pointed questions about the errors and the paralegal apologized (and I'm quoting) for using "very big words with [us] and for making it confusing to understand". Please understand that my husband has an MD and MBA. I have a masters in English.
3. The paralegal then postulated that the errors in the trust were because the lawyer had failed to use a first tier financial POA, so the computer program they used misaligned all of the other POAs and custodians.
4. We had to leave that appointment and reschedule the signing appointment.
5. I texted the receptionist from number she had texted me from to schedule an appointment. I responded to the text questioning all of the errors. Turns out the text came from a group number. I proceeded to get text-blasted from the associate about why all the signing material had, in fact, been correct. Sigh. They weren't. Not at all- I took screen shots of my handwritten notes about the errors.
6. Then we wait about 6 weeks for the edits to be complete. We email several questions.
7. Then we learn the associate left. And we have been handed off to another associate.
8. A receptionist calls us to reschedule- the questions had never been answered. I explain the scheduling issues to this receptionist and she assures me that they can work around our schedule for the signing because of the previous errors.
9. I email back to try to reschedule. There's seemingly no recollection or hand-off of knowledge of the the prior discussion of scheduling needs we have (my husband works out of the county).
10. This results in several appointment offers that we cannot make. We are now looking at a signing appointment towards the end of summer, though I can't be sure because I have been waiting a full week for anyone to respond.
11. After multiple attempts to get some basic questions answered about how to include care for my father (add him as a beneficiary), who has Alzheimer's, I've received multiple off-point answers. It's just become a waste of time. They don't seem to know, or want to learn, how to include aging parents in a trust.
They have our trust and our money (the legal plan only covered a small portion and we had to pay several thousand for the deed transfers) hostage with no end in sight for the foreseeable future. Hopefully I can pick it up this week and have another firm complete it.
And- Hopefully, I can update this review at some point with better recommendation than Geiger for Carlsbad locals. It'd be nice to know we had a local law firm for establishing trusts.
Posted by Allen
Brenda and here team were great - Responsive, concise and very knowledgeable about how to set up protection for a family trust with a growing asset base. I'd highly recommend her to anyone looking to get started or review their estate planning needs.
Posted by Manuel
When we had to change our estate planning attorney from A Northern California one to Southern California the transition was handled efficiently and easily.
Posted by Clement
Thorough explanations, great communication, and amazing service. Definitely will keep recommending Geiger Law to anyone looking for a great family law firm.
Posted by anonymous
Our experience with the Geiger Law offices has been very positive. All personnel there are friendly, courteous and competent. Prices and hourly rates are high, but you get what you pay for.
Posted by anonymous
Brenda and her staff executed a family trust for us. They were very thorough, timely, professional, and did an excellent job. Thank you Brenda and everyone at Geiger Law Office.
Posted by Eric
My wife and I have been talking about establishing a trust for the last few years and this year we finally pulled the trigger. We chose Brenda's office based primarily on the Avvo reviews (we had a list of six to work from). The experience was fantastic start to finish. We came through the process not only feeling much more secure about our wealth preservation strategy for our children, but we also received a great education along the way. If you are considering retaining an attorney for this process or and other type of family law matter, please do yourself a favor and go see Brenda and team for a consultation.
Posted by Katie
I chose Geiger Law Office at the recommendation of a friend to prepare my living trust and I was not disappointed. The entire office was knowledgeable, professional, helpful, friendly and efficient in preparing my trust. They made the process easy and stress free, and eagerly guided me through to completion. I have and will continue to recommend this office to my friends and family for estate planning.