|Award name||Grantor||Date granted|
|2008 North County Bar Association Writers Award||North County San Diego Bar Association||2009|
|Owner||Geiger Law Office, P.C.||2005 - Present|
|Of Counsel||Frank & Burke||2005 - 2006|
|Of Counsel||Griswold Law Group||2005 - 2006|
|Senior Law Clerk||Innercool Therapies, Inc.||1999 - 2005|
|Patent Prosecution Paralegal||Fish & Richardson P.C.||1996 - 1999|
|Association name||Position name||Duration|
|National Association of Elder Law Attorneys||Member||2012 - Present|
|ElderCounsel||Member||2011 - Present|
|San Diego North County Bar Association||Member||2011 - Present|
|San Diego County Bar Association||Member||2009 - Present|
|North County Estate Planning Council||Member||2009 - Present|
|WealthCounsel||Member||2007 - Present|
|State Bar of California||Member||2004 - Present|
|Estate of Dorothy Monteverde-PETITION FOR APPROVAL OF ACT OF SPECIAL ADMINISTRATOR||Successful entry to safety deposit box of decedent|
|See all legal cases|
|Word Association Press||Protecting Your Children's Inheritance from Divorcing Spouse's, Unjust Lawsuits and Bankruptcy||2015|
|North County Lawyer Magazine||How to Protect a Beneficiary from Losing the IRA they Inherit to Creditors, Predators and Divorcing Spouses||2015|
|Word Association Press||Estate Planning Secrets of the Affluent||2015|
|Word Association Publishers||Secrets of Great Estate Planning||2014|
|www.geigerlawoffice.net||Asset Protecting Your Child's Inheritance||2013|
|Word Association Press||Protecting You and Your Business, A California Business Planning Guide||2013|
|Word Association Press||How to Avoid the Catastrophic Costs and Effects of Long Term Care: a Calilfornia Elder Law Guide||2013|
|www.geigerlawoffice.net||What to Look For When Hiring an Estate Planning Attorney?||2012|
|North County Lawyer Magazine||Asset Protecting Your Child's Inheritance||2012|
|Book||Safeguarding The Nest, 2nd Edition||2011|
|North County Lawyer Magazine||Estate Tax Repealed in 2010||2010|
|San Diego International Law Journal||Authorization to Kill Terrorist Leaders||2003|
|Oxford University, Magdalen College, England||International Law||Semester Abroad, Law School||2004|
|Univ of San Diego SOL||Law||JD - Juris Doctor||2004|
|Univ of San Diego||Psychology||BA - Bachelor of Arts||1995|
|The Crossings in Carlsbad||Hot Topics in Estate Planning||2015|
|2015 Trusts & Estates Symposium||Retirement Plan Trusts||2015|
|KPBS Midday Edition||Estate Planning||2014|
|2014 Trusts & Estates Symposium||Irrevocable Gifting Trusts||2014|
|Planning for the Generations||Client Care Programs||2012|
|Safeguarding the Nest Workshop||Protecting Your Children with a Revocable Trust||2011|
|2011 Trusts & Estates Symposium||Beneficiary Defective Inheritors Trust, Domestic and Offshore Asset Protection Trusts and Education Trusts||2011|
|2011 Trusts & Estates Symposium||Advanced Estate Planning Concepts||2011|
|North Coast Church Mothers of Preschool Age Children Group||The Top 3 Strategies to Legally Protect Your Children||2009|
|2009 Trusts & Estates Symposium||IRA Trusts, Family Cabin Trusts and Avoiding Mistakes in Working with Other Advisors||2009|
Posted by Adam
Brenda and her team handled my will and trust with efficiency and made it very simple for me (since I knew little about the process}. I have since referred Brenda to multiple friends and family members and have posted about my happiness with the process on Facebook, I am big on referrals, and like to get referrals as well as give them.... so I would totally recommend Geiger Law Offices anytime.
Posted by Pat
I have been with Geiger Law for over 12 years. They are "very" professional and know there stuff! Recently when my Mom's Cancer returned I needed a Power of Attorney fast. They took care of it right away. I know I can always count on there professional help!
Thank you, Thank you!
Posted by anonymous
It's easy to access from your legal plan benefit.
1. We met initially with an associate and planned the trust.
2. We scheduled the signing of the completed trust and everything was incorrect on the whole trust. The associate wasn't there for the signing meeting though, only the paralegal. We asked very pointed questions about the errors and the paralegal apologized (and I'm quoting) for using "very big words with [us] and for making it confusing to understand". Please understand that my husband has an MD and MBA. I have a masters in English.
3. The paralegal then postulated that the errors in the trust were because the lawyer had failed to use a first tier financial POA, so the computer program they used misaligned all of the other POAs and custodians.
4. We had to leave that appointment and reschedule the signing appointment.
5. I texted the receptionist from number she had texted me from to schedule an appointment. I responded to the text questioning all of the errors. Turns out the text came from a group number. I proceeded to get text-blasted from the associate about why all the signing material had, in fact, been correct. Sigh. They weren't. Not at all- I took screen shots of my handwritten notes about the errors.
6. Then we wait about 6 weeks for the edits to be complete. We email several questions.
7. Then we learn the associate left. And we have been handed off to another associate.
8. A receptionist calls us to reschedule- the questions had never been answered. I explain the scheduling issues to this receptionist and she assures me that they can work around our schedule for the signing because of the previous errors.
9. I email back to try to reschedule. There's seemingly no recollection or hand-off of knowledge of the the prior discussion of scheduling needs we have (my husband works out of the county).
10. This results in several appointment offers that we cannot make. We are now looking at a signing appointment towards the end of summer, though I can't be sure because I have been waiting a full week for anyone to respond.
11. After multiple attempts to get some basic questions answered about how to include care for my father (add him as a beneficiary), who has Alzheimer's, I've received multiple off-point answers. It's just become a waste of time. They don't seem to know, or want to learn, how to include aging parents in a trust.
They have our trust and our money (the legal plan only covered a small portion and we had to pay several thousand for the deed transfers) hostage with no end in sight for the foreseeable future. Hopefully I can pick it up this week and have another firm complete it.
And- Hopefully, I can update this review at some point with better recommendation than Geiger for Carlsbad locals. It'd be nice to know we had a local law firm for establishing trusts.
Cash, Check, Credit card