Skip to main content
Irwin Max Avelino

Irwin Avelino’s Answers

1 total

  • I have an EB2 petition and will file AOS

    I am on H1B visa and my employer has filed an EB2 petition on my behalf. I am married and my husband is out of country. My question is how long will it take for my husband to be process and be able to come to. The US. We are from the Philippines.

    Irwin’s Answer

    Visas are currently available in the EB-2 Category for the Philippines. Therefore, once your EB-2 is approved and you adjust status to a permanent resident, your husband can then apply for what are called "Follow-to-Join" Benefits. My experience with the U.S. Embassy in Manila is that once you have adjusted your status, you can notify the Embassy and the consular section will then register your husband and begin processing of the visa application. From the time they are properly notified, it generally takes about a couple to a few months as long as there are no issues of inadmissibility. An experienced attorney can help coordinate your husbands immigrant visa application with the Embassy in Manila and start helping your husband prepare ahead of time the types of documents he will need to bring to the interview to save time.

    See question