Skip to main content
Raffi Manuelian

Raffi Manuelian’s Answers

1 total

  • Penal Code 288

    Could a DA charge a person with a misdemeanor under Penal code 664/288 instead of a felony? Also, I was reading about people v lewis and that person was granted a 1203.4. If that person doesn't have a felony or a misdemeanor could he ask to be off...

    Raffi’s Answer

    The answer is unfortunately: No. Even as a misdemeanor, you still have to comply with Penal Code Section 290 which requires you to register as a sex offender 5 days before or 5 days after your birthday for the rest of this person's life. The only other realistic way is to get a gubernetorial pardon (unlikely to happen with this charge). Additionally, a PC 288 is not supposed to be allowed to be expunged by the court. Sometimes the court clerk will do it do to oversight, but technically it is void by law.

    See question