Skip to main content
Neama Rahmani

Neama Rahmani’s Answers

2 total

  • Can I apply for a work VISA after deportation?

    I plead guilty to a crime my attorney told me this way I could get 10 year probation sentence otherwise I could face 10 year jail time. I used to be a legal resident, in 1996 a new immigration law was passed stating that anyone who has committed a...

    Neama’s Answer

    You need to talk to an immigration attorney. The immigration consequences of a criminal conviction depend on the type of crime. Certain crimes (like drug trafficking) result in automatic deportation and a lifetime bar to returning to the United States. For other crimes, you may be able to reapply for admission to the United States. If your attorney did not advise you of the immigration consequences of your plea, you may also be able to collaterally attack your conviction under Padilla v. Kentucky.

    See question 
  • In a federal case, If a family member is on pretial release home detention, can it be revoked by family

    family member on pretiral release home detention and he has completely upset the house including threatening and physically assaulting other family members, can a call be made to US Probation Officer to revoke home detention?

    Neama’s Answer

    Pretrial Services, the United States Attorney's Office, or defense counsel can petition the Court to modify the conditions of pretrial release, and it is the Court who makes the determination. In some districts, Pretrial Services and Probation are distinct entities.

    See question