Skip to main content
Nadezhda M Habinek

Nadezhda Habinek’s Answers

41 total

  • What are the steps I need to take to terminate probation with a joint suspension ?

    I've been offered a job over seas and as well have had to turn down many opportunities because of inabilities to receive travel permits from my probation officer . I am making payments and reporting to a kiosk . I am a low risk offender for a felo...

    Nadezhda’s Answer

    It is possible for you (on your own) to file your own motion to terminate your probation early under California Penal Code 1203.4 and related provisions. There's a good explanation of the process at . You can file your own motion under to terminate probation early, to reduce your felony to a misdemeanor and have the conviction dismissed. Those are things you can ask the court to do and the forms are pretty easy to find online.

    However, there are categories of convictions that will not be eligible for this process. You should check the website above as it has lists of ineligibile conditions.

    Trying to get your probation officer on your side (if you can get ahold of them) is also helpful. If you've been a "model probationer" Probation may be able to help grant you certain exemptions or changes.

    See question