Skip to main content
Mollie Christine Mcgraw

Mollie Mcgraw’s Answers

2 total

  • Can you be kept in jail in NM if, after serving oa violation of probation at your release you notify them that you are homeless

    The person is in jail for a second prob. violation and will soon be released (most likely), but he lost his residence and job. So will he not be released when he tells them he is homeless?

    Mollie’s Answer

    In southern New Mexico, specifically Dona Ana County, the jail does not prevent release because an individual is homeless. However, upon release, it is the probationer's responsibility to comply with any remaining probation requirements or else he may face a subsequent probation violation. In my practice, I have found that probation officers are understanding and more flexible if the probationer is up front with them about his circumstances (i.e. homeless). If this is a parole violation or this person is in prison (not jail), the prison will not release the individual without a parole plan. If a person in prison is homeless, the prison will not approve a parole plan, but the person can serve out their parole time in prison and then be released.

    If you have questions, either contact the jail or the specific probation office. You can locate the specific New Mexico probation office handling this matter by going to or calling the Central Probation and Parole Office at #(505) 827-8830.

    See question 
  • Should I seek a malpractice lawyer?

    I went to er in may for jaundice itching stomach pain and vomiting. They did an e.r.c.p and were unsuccessful in removing the gall stone, i ask the dr why he wouldn't remove the gall bladder during my 5 day stay? He explained that gall bladder rem...

    Mollie’s Answer

    I suggest you contact an experienced medical negligence/malpractice attorney in your state as soon as possible. If you don't know of an attorney who practices this type of law in your area, ask other attorneys that you know, or contact your State Bar to see if your State has attorneys who specialize in medical malpractice cases on behalf of Plaintiffs. The Michigan's State Bar website is:

    See question