Skip to main content
Richard L Strohm

Richard Strohm’s Answers

1 total

  • Is it possible to have a DUI fall off. I ran my DMV record and my criminal background check and its not there

    DUI over 5 years ago not on my dMv record or criminal background check

    Richard’s Answer

    If you are talking about an arrest as opposed to a conviction, the issuing agency (County attorney) may have decided that the case was too weak to prosecute (problems with the intoxilyzer, the legality of the stop, identifying the actual driver, etc). If a conviction, the record will exist somewhere and you will need to ask the court to set aside the conviction. Do not rely on not seeing it as "proof" that you were not convicted---especially if you are required to answer a question about convictions under oath.

    See question