Skip to main content
Jim Sharon Bearden

Jim Bearden’s Answers

2 total

  • I am a 44 year old whose father has never acknowledged paternity. I would like to know what steps 2 take to get paternity proven

    I was born out of wedlock. My alleged father lives in North Carolina and I live in Texas. I am not seeking child support, only that paternity be established.

    Jim’s Answer

    You may be able to file a petition to establish paternity and have a Texas court order DNA testing to be done. There may be, however, some issues with jurisdiction and statute of limitations. In other words, a Texas court may not have the power to order and out of state resident to comply with its order. In addition, some suits have to be filed within certain time limitations.

    See question 
  • Refinance or voluntary repo auto with ex boyfriend?

    We financed the car in 2010 thru capital one. i am primary, him second. we have been broken up for over a year, he makes payments and has possession of the vehicle. he defaults constantly, and is wrecking my credit. can i refinance without him, an...

    Jim’s Answer

    Typically a bank or lien holder will not willingly remove a person from the note. The only way for your name to removed from the note is to refinance. However, it is unlikely that you can refinance without him or without him knowing.

    See question