Skip to main content
Nicholas Robin Westbrook

Nicholas Westbrook’s Answers

1 total

  • I live in New Mexico, however work in Texas. I have a judgement that wants to garnish my wages. Is this possible?

    The judgement was filed in the state of New Mexico. Please help me!

    Nicholas’s Answer

    If you live in a state that allows wage garnishment, then your wages could be garnished. You need to check where the creditor obtained the judgment. If they obtained the judgment in New Mexico and New Mexico allows for wage garnishment, you may want to consult with a local Bankruptcy attorney. Depending on your financial situation for the last 6 months, you may qualify for Chapter 7 relief, which could "discharge" or legally eliminate your liability on the debt and corresponding judgment. The key is to consult with a good Bankruptcy attorney in your area as soon as possible.

    See question