My mom gave me a 20 dollar bill she recieved from the chase atm, so i go to the store to use it to only be refused service. so i told my mom and she gave me another 20 the lady never did a marker test or anything. So i went to another location to ...
Your question is confusing. But, in addition to what the other lawyer told you (with which I agree), understand that it is highly unlikely that a counterfeit bill was received from a bank. They have machines that check bills (or at least that is what I have been told by a federal agent who handled counterfeit cases - many years ago.)
Hire a lawyer and make a bond. And don't discuss this situation with anyone but your lawyer.See question
I have a 1st offense DWI and my blood was drawn when I got to the police department. I received a DIC-24.
Hire a lawyer to review your situation ASAP. If you refused a breath test (or blood test) or blew over the legal limit, then your license will be suspended on the 40th day after your arrest if you do not request an ALR hearing.See question
My boyfriend was arrested and charged with a controlled substance from 1 to 4 grams in TX. He has no priors other than minor traffic tickets he never paid. He needs legal advice.
He appears in court with proof of his financial status (bank records, check stub, etc.) and requests and appointed attorney. If the court deems in indigent, he will get a court appointed attorney. If he is not indigent, he will have to hire a lawyer.See question
how to engage a attorney in case of domestic violence ?
If you are charged, you need to hire a criminal lawyer - not a family lawyer.
Call lawyers in your area. Start on this website considering those who answer questions and who have positive comments by former clients.See question
My ex husband was full of drugs and broke the trespassing order that was against him and assaulted me in the process. Is there any way I can file for and automatic get a restraining order or whatever I can against him to stop him from coming aroun...
Even if you get a restraining order, it is not going to stop him. It is not worth any more than the trespassing order frankly.
If there are charges pending against him, the DA's office is the best bet for getting no contact order.See question
Driving while impaired. They put me in the hospital in sted of jail. Was released,haven't been able to come home. I'm dissabled and cronically homeless!
What do you mean "take care"? Do you have warrants? If so, the only choices are to turn yourself in and end up going to court while in jail or make a bond to go to court.See question
Got arrested for DWI, no drugs.
No - but a pee test, blood test, and more importantly, hair follicle test - can.See question
I have asked a family to stop communicating with myself and family viva certified letter. This did not stop the communication. I called the police and they stated, "this is a annoying behavior and I should ignore the communication." The police st...
Here is the code section for you to read for yourself (from a criminal law perspective):
§ 42.07. HARASSMENT.
(a) A person commits an offense if, with intent to harass, annoy, alarm, abuse, torment, or embarrass another, he:
(1) initiates communication by telephone, in writing, or by electronic communication and in the course of the communication makes a comment, request, suggestion, or proposal that is obscene;
(2) threatens, by telephone, in writing, or by electronic communication, in a manner reasonably likely to alarm the person receiving the threat, to inflict bodily injury on the person or to commit a felony against the person, a member of his family or household, or his property;
(3) conveys, in a manner reasonably likely to alarm the person receiving the report, a false report, which is known by the conveyor to be false, that another person has suffered death or serious bodily injury;
(4) causes the telephone of another to ring repeatedly or makes repeated telephone communications anonymously or in a manner reasonably likely to harass, annoy, alarm, abuse, torment, embarrass, or offend another;
(5) makes a telephone call and intentionally fails to hang up or disengage the connection;
(6) knowingly permits a telephone under the person's control to be used by another to commit an offense under this section; or
(7) sends repeated electronic communications in a manner reasonably likely to harass, annoy, alarm, abuse, torment, embarrass, or offend another.
(b) In this section:
(1) "Electronic communication" means a transfer of signs, signals, writing, images, sounds, data, or intelligence of any nature transmitted in whole or in part by a wire, radio, electromagnetic, photoelectronic, or photo-optical system. The term includes:
(A) a communication initiated by electronic mail, instant message, network call, or facsimile machine; and
(B) a communication made to a pager.
(2) "Family" and "household" have the meaning assigned by Chapter 71, Family Code.
(3) "Obscene" means containing a patently offensive description of or a solicitation to commit an ultimate sex act, including sexual intercourse, masturbation, cunnilingus, fellatio, or anilingus, or a description of an excretory function.
(c) An offense under this section is a Class B misdemeanor, except that the offense is a Class A misdemeanor if the actor has previously been convicted under this section.
Hitting is an assault. It is a class C misdemeanor if it didn't cause pain and you can go and file charges in municipal or JP court. If it caused pain, then it is a Class A and the person should be arrested up on a report to police.
What to do? Block their calls and emails. Do not respond if you receive messages. Avoid places where they may be. Keep any contact they make with you. Video record them if approached in public.
Read the statute - it takes more than 1 or 2 contacts to be harassment. Police do not have time to get involved in family squabbles unless there is a chance of someone being injured.....See question
I missed my report dates for 2 months.
Most likely. it is a 2nd degree felony and you could get up to 20 years in prison. If you are arrested in another state, they will hold you for Texas to come get you.
You would be better of to go ahead and hire a lawyer now and take care of it up front rather than be stuck when you end up arrested.See question
I was with my girlfriend for less than one month and found out she was pregnant. We broke up about a week after finding out about the pregnancy and now she is being a terrible heartless monster. Telling me she won't let me see the baby if I don't ...
Your obligation is to pay child support if the child is yours and if you are not with her. You can and should get visitation - but there could be restrictions, especially if there is any evidence of drug use / abuse.
You should visit with a family lawyer in person to get details on how to proceed. You do not have to put up with her threats or theatrics.See question