My ex husband was full of drugs and broke the trespassing order that was against him and assaulted me in the process. Is there any way I can file for and automatic get a restraining order or whatever I can against him to stop him from coming aroun...
Even if you get a restraining order, it is not going to stop him. It is not worth any more than the trespassing order frankly.
If there are charges pending against him, the DA's office is the best bet for getting no contact order.See question
Driving while impaired. They put me in the hospital in sted of jail. Was released,haven't been able to come home. I'm dissabled and cronically homeless!
What do you mean "take care"? Do you have warrants? If so, the only choices are to turn yourself in and end up going to court while in jail or make a bond to go to court.See question
Got arrested for DWI, no drugs.
No - but a pee test, blood test, and more importantly, hair follicle test - can.See question
I have asked a family to stop communicating with myself and family viva certified letter. This did not stop the communication. I called the police and they stated, "this is a annoying behavior and I should ignore the communication." The police st...
Here is the code section for you to read for yourself (from a criminal law perspective):
§ 42.07. HARASSMENT.
(a) A person commits an offense if, with intent to harass, annoy, alarm, abuse, torment, or embarrass another, he:
(1) initiates communication by telephone, in writing, or by electronic communication and in the course of the communication makes a comment, request, suggestion, or proposal that is obscene;
(2) threatens, by telephone, in writing, or by electronic communication, in a manner reasonably likely to alarm the person receiving the threat, to inflict bodily injury on the person or to commit a felony against the person, a member of his family or household, or his property;
(3) conveys, in a manner reasonably likely to alarm the person receiving the report, a false report, which is known by the conveyor to be false, that another person has suffered death or serious bodily injury;
(4) causes the telephone of another to ring repeatedly or makes repeated telephone communications anonymously or in a manner reasonably likely to harass, annoy, alarm, abuse, torment, embarrass, or offend another;
(5) makes a telephone call and intentionally fails to hang up or disengage the connection;
(6) knowingly permits a telephone under the person's control to be used by another to commit an offense under this section; or
(7) sends repeated electronic communications in a manner reasonably likely to harass, annoy, alarm, abuse, torment, embarrass, or offend another.
(b) In this section:
(1) "Electronic communication" means a transfer of signs, signals, writing, images, sounds, data, or intelligence of any nature transmitted in whole or in part by a wire, radio, electromagnetic, photoelectronic, or photo-optical system. The term includes:
(A) a communication initiated by electronic mail, instant message, network call, or facsimile machine; and
(B) a communication made to a pager.
(2) "Family" and "household" have the meaning assigned by Chapter 71, Family Code.
(3) "Obscene" means containing a patently offensive description of or a solicitation to commit an ultimate sex act, including sexual intercourse, masturbation, cunnilingus, fellatio, or anilingus, or a description of an excretory function.
(c) An offense under this section is a Class B misdemeanor, except that the offense is a Class A misdemeanor if the actor has previously been convicted under this section.
Hitting is an assault. It is a class C misdemeanor if it didn't cause pain and you can go and file charges in municipal or JP court. If it caused pain, then it is a Class A and the person should be arrested up on a report to police.
What to do? Block their calls and emails. Do not respond if you receive messages. Avoid places where they may be. Keep any contact they make with you. Video record them if approached in public.
Read the statute - it takes more than 1 or 2 contacts to be harassment. Police do not have time to get involved in family squabbles unless there is a chance of someone being injured.....See question
I missed my report dates for 2 months.
Most likely. it is a 2nd degree felony and you could get up to 20 years in prison. If you are arrested in another state, they will hold you for Texas to come get you.
You would be better of to go ahead and hire a lawyer now and take care of it up front rather than be stuck when you end up arrested.See question
I was with my girlfriend for less than one month and found out she was pregnant. We broke up about a week after finding out about the pregnancy and now she is being a terrible heartless monster. Telling me she won't let me see the baby if I don't ...
Your obligation is to pay child support if the child is yours and if you are not with her. You can and should get visitation - but there could be restrictions, especially if there is any evidence of drug use / abuse.
You should visit with a family lawyer in person to get details on how to proceed. You do not have to put up with her threats or theatrics.See question
I have a citation coming in the mail and haven't even seen the charges but it should be for leaving the scene of a car in the ditch? No problem for just that but I fear there more charges because of what he told me on the phone. He was trying to b...
Hire a lawyer and focus on your case. Generally, when people leave the scene of an accident, it is because they are intoxicated - or at least that is the common perception - so it is not surprising he thought he may make a DWI charge.
There will be rules about how much can be charged for a tow. Unfortunately, there is usually a minimum so before you start filing lawsuits, investigate.
Don't even think about filing a complaint until you settle your matter or you can expect that they will definitely not pay attention to your complaint. Once dismissed, you may try filing a complaint with internal affairs with of the law enforcement office with which he is employed.
The "charges" you mention are not going to happen so you can forget that. Bad publicity may, or may not, help your situation. Think about it before just doing something. (A lawyer can get the officer file to see if he has had other complaints against him....)See question
I got DWI but want little bit longer to save money before I get 2yr probation and court fees
Talk with your lawyer who will have the best idea how the court in which you are charged works. Also, be sure to be in complete compliance with the terms of the probation you expect to receive. Remember that if you are ever short on money while on probation, that is the least of your worries. Too many people don't report because they don't have the money. Not reporting is way worse than not having money (despite what the probation officer may tell you.)See question
my husband is trying to get his drivers license back but he was told he needs to get a cancelled interlock letter from a judge, the thing is he never got an interlock, he got one of those machines you carry on you and breath into 3 times a day. Th...
You need a removal order from the judge. Does not matter that he didn't have one - apparently DPS thinks there was one and the carry about was enough.
(I had a client about 3 months ago who has been off probation for more than 3 years and DPS told her she needed a removal order to renew her license....)See question
I was in foster care in Louisiana after boyfriend physically abused me while pregnant at 16- judge ordered a restraining order against him. I then moved to Houston with my son in 2009 at the age of 17, I am now 24 and this ex boyfriend sent me thr...
If he is sending you threatening messages, he may be violating the law - harassment and / or terroristic threat. Save the messages, block him, and if he finds you again to contact you, call police.
A restraining order is a piece of paper and of little value.See question