Skip to main content
Wade D. Moriarty

Wade Moriarty’s Answers

2 total

  • Auto Accident Not My Fault - Other Driver's Fault Want their Insurance Policy Information

    Can I request the insurance company of the other driver to provide me with their insured's liability policy, including any excess/umbrella coverage that may exist? I have not retained counsel at this time.

    Wade’s Answer

    You have to file a lawsuit to force the Defendant to disclose the insurance coverage information that you seek.

    See question 
  • Auto accident... I was involved in an auto accident with a person that doesn't have insurance and I do not have uninsured

    motorist, just liability meaning I could be screwed. They do have a lien on the vehicle which they are still making payments too. Can I go after the lien holder since they should have forced full coverage on the vehicle to protect their investment...

    Wade’s Answer

    In Texas, in order to show that a vehicle owner is negligent, you must prove negligent entrustment by showing (1) the owner entrusted a vehicle
    (2) to an unlicensed, incompetent, or reckless driver; (3) the owner knew or should have known
    that the driver was unlicensed, incompetent, or reckless; (4) the driver was negligent on the
    occasion in question; and (5) the driver's negligence proximately caused the accident.

    See question