Skip to main content
Jason Paul Wylie

Jason Wylie’s Answers

5 total

  • What do i need to do to have my ex-wife removed from a gas lease

    own mineral rights on property in crowley, texas

    Jason’s Answer

    Assuming the decree gave you the rights, then you should prepare a deed conveying her interest in the minerals to you and assigning her interest in the lease. This should satisfy the oil and gas company. JW

    See question 
  • Is there any attorney in this area can file a bad faith claim on contingent-fee basis?

    Due to a bad advice by the Nationalwide Emergency Road service (that I called to get a tow due an emergency) my 2002 MPV electrical system is fried.

    Jason’s Answer

    On something like this you are unlikely to get a lawyer to take the case on a contingency. The economics dont work. You might get someone to do the work on an hourly basis though.

    See question 
  • Proving ability to pay for self employed individuals?

    How does the court determine the ability to pay for a criminal contempt hearing involving a self employed individual? He will be able to show whatever he wants for bank and work records since they control the business- I am sure they will show no...

    Jason’s Answer

    You may be able to get access to tax returns, which should provide some information. Not sure what context you are involved with, but you may be able to initiate a civil proceeding and seek formal discovery through depositions and discovery. JW

    See question 
  • Where can i find a general denial form? with regards to a civil suit involving real property?

    i'm being sued by the co-owner of my rental property and i need more time to complete my counter claim. i just want to file a 'general denial' form with the county clerk tomorrow but i cannot find one anywhere. i have read at least 25 postings but...

    Jason’s Answer

    Put this language in a document with the case heading and sign it pro se and you should be there. Good Luck and let me know if I can help. JW

    Comes now ___________(“Defendant”), Defendant in the above-entitled and numbered cause. Defendant hereby files this Original Answer and in support thereof respectfully shows the Court the following:
    General Denial
    Defendant does hereby exercise its right given to it under the law, wherein it may file a general denial and require the Plaintiff to prove his cause of action by a preponderance of the evidence. Defendant therefore, denies each and every, all and singular, the allegations contained in Plaintiff’s Original Petition and says the same are not true in whole or in part, and requires Plaintiff to prove his cause of action by a preponderance of the evidence.

    WHEREFORE, PREMISES CONSIDERED, Defendant respectfully requests that the Court enter a take nothing judgment against Plaintiff and that the Defendant be awarded any further relief, at law or in equity, which the Court deems appropriate under the circumstances.

    See question