Brent is a founding partner of Chandler | Ross, PLLC. He is a native Texan, was born in Sherman, Texas, and attended high school in Allen, Texas. He is an avid outdoorsman and enjoys hunting, fishing and most sports. Brent graduated from St. Mary’s School of Law in 2006 and obtained his Texas law license that same year. Since graduation from law school in 2006, Brent has devoted his practice to litigating personal injury cases. He is admitted to practice law in every state court and federal district court in Texas. Prior to law school, he received his bachelor’s degree in Government from the University of Texas at Austin and played collegiate soccer at Barry University in Miami Shores, Florida.
Prior to forming Chandler | Ross, PLLC, Brent handled all types of litigation for both plaintiffs and defendants. He practices in the areas of Transportation, Trucking, Automobile Accidents, Premises Liability, Dram Shop, Catastrophic Injuries and Wrongful Death. He devotes the majority of his practice to representing individuals and families who have sustained devastating injuries or suffered wrongful deaths of loved ones due to the reckless and careless acts of others.
Brent has a wealth of knowledge of the trucking industry, particularly from a legal and litigation standpoint. He uses that knowledge and experience to advance his clients’ cases and enhance the value of their claims. Prior to forming Chandler | Ross, PLLC, Brent spent approximately ten years representing commercial drivers and trucking companies on the defense side. As such, he has extensive knowledge of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations and 18-wheeler accidents. In addition, prior to working on the defense side of personal injury cases, Brent spent approximately three years on the plaintiff side. This experience on both sides of the bar of personal injury cases gives Brent a unique perspective and understanding when it comes to case investigation, analysis, evaluation, and trial strategy. In addition to trucking litigation, Brent has extensive experience dealing with catastrophic injuries caused by a wide variety of wrongful acts, including dram shop cases, premises liability, dog bites and workplace injuries.
• Successfully tried multiple jury trials to verdict in Texas, involving motor vehicle accidents with 18-wheelers, and obtained favorable verdicts.
• Won Motion for Summary Judgment in a premises liability case involving serious bodily injury from a fall in Harris County, Texas.
• Won Partial Motion for Summary Judgment in a premises liability case in Tarrant County, Texas.
• Favorably resolved numerous negligence and gross-negligence claims against transportation companies and their drivers through successful mediation and/or settlement negotiations.
• Lead partner handling all pre-trial litigation responsibilities and trial strategy for claims of negligence, negligent hiring, training, and supervision, negligent entrustment, gross negligence, negligence per se, non-subscriber suits, dram shop suits and premises liability suits.
• Lead partner supervising and coordinating discovery efforts in numerous cases.
• Extensive experience drafting various legal documents and pleadings.
• Extensive experience conducting oral arguments and hearings.
• Frequently conducts depositions of parties, witnesses, investigating officers and experts and attends and conducts numerous mediations.
• Personal Injuries
• 18-Wheeler Accidents
• Trucking Accidents
• Automobile Accidents
• Motorcycle Accidents
• Construction Accidents
• Wrongful Death
• Catastrophic Injuries
• Dram Shop
• Premises Liability
• Dog Bites
• Work Injuries
• Oil Field Accidents and Injuries
• State Bar of Texas, 2006
• U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas, 2008
• U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas, 2008
• U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas, 2011
• U.S. District Court Western District of Texas, 2011
• Juris Doctor from St. Mary’s University School of Law, 2006
• Bachelor of Arts from The University of Texas at Austin, 2002
• State Bar of Texas
• Texas Trial Lawyers Association
• Dallas Trial Lawyers Association
• Denton County Bar Association
• Dallas Bar Association
• Tarrant County Bar Association
|TX||Eligible To Practice In Texas||2006||05/31/2021|
|Managing Partner||Chandler | Ross, PLLC||2019 - Present|
|Partner||Sargent Law, P.C.||2015 - 2019|
|Attorney||Hermes Sargent Bates, LLP||2009 - 2015|
|Attorney||Minor & Jester, PC||2008 - 2009|
|Attorney||Daniel & Stark||2006 - 2008|
|Association name||Position name||Duration|
|Texas Trial Lawyers Association||N/A||2019 - Present|
|Dallas Trial Lawyers Association||N/A||2019 - Present|
|Tarrant County Bar Association||N/A||2019 - Present|
|Dallas Bar Association||N/A||2009 - Present|
|Dallas County Bar Association||N/A||2008 - Present|
|State Bar of Texas||N/A||2006 - Present|
|St. Marys University School of Law||Doctor of Jurisprudence/Juris Doctor (J.D.)||2006|
|The University of Texas At Austin||BA - Bachelor of Arts||2002|