Skip to main content
Larry William Wall

Larry Wall’s Answers

3 total

  • Florida law regarding defamation of character, can you sue for false child abuse accusations?

    My brother was recently accused of sexually abusing his girlfriends 3 yr old, by the father. The child was removed from the home by DCYF for several days, while an investigation took place. The verbiage in the allegations was almost identical to t...

    Larry’s Answer

    Defamation covers both written statements (libel) and verbal statements (slander) and is a difficult area for most lawyers because so few cases are actually litigated or filed. There are various proven methods to correct public records but those methods involve correcting verifiable mistakes such as the sales price of a home or the number of acres in a parcel of land. Your situation involves a semi criminal investigation and statements made in such a situation may be protected. Anything said in a court hearing is "priviledged" and it is rare that such cases are pursued. I doubt if you will be able to locate a lawyer that will take this case on a contingency basis. Thus you face a situation wwhere the costs of bringing the action exceed the amount that may be recovered. If the person that made the statements is wealthy that may help you when you attempt to hire a lawyer.

    See question 
  • Do I have a legal action against a doctor who prescribed meds such as Soma, OxyContin, OxyCodone, Percocet, Morphine, Vicodin?

    The doctor rx these meds within a two years period, but when I complained about side effects and he did not respond and then I asserted his need to respond and lack of doing so, I was discharged from the practice. I was given 2 months worth of me...

    Larry’s Answer

    • Selected as best answer

    You may have a viable suit if we can have your medical records reviewed by an expert in opioid treatment of chronic pain. I have experience in these types of suits and the chances of success depends upon the data in your medical records. If there is an injury that is visible on an X-Ray or CT then the doctor has better justification for his prescribing practices. If he utilized a pain management agreement is also very important. I suggest you contact a physician in your area that is a member of PROPS- Physicians for Repsonsibl;e Opioid Prescribing.

    See question 
  • How can I get my 2 sons age 5 and 7 doctor records mailed of faxed to their new pediatrician from another state.

    I got my kids back fromt their dad in Delaware and went to get them into a new pediatrician in New york before school starts. When I called to have their medical records faxed or mailed they told me that he had his girlfriend listed as the mother...

    Larry’s Answer

    You need to contact a lawyer in your place of residence and request he file a divorce action and obtain an order from the court giving you "legal" custody for the purposes of medical and educational decisions. If you do not have the money to hire a lawyer contact legal aid. If none of this is possible have a lawyer send a letter on your behalf enclosing copies of the birth certificate and a signed release for your chidrens medical and school records.

    See question