5.0 stars 13 totalReview Patrick Lewis
Posted by Tanya Bishop
I contacted Mr Lewis because I was a victim of a very serious crime and I had some legal issues I needed answered basically so I could feel safe and know what was in store. Mr Lewis made a point to address my well being and make sure I was OK first above everything else and then he made sure he answered my questions and made sure I understood the answers as well... He was very professional yet compassionate and I would recommend him to anyone.
Posted by Scott
To start off from the beginning; I used to live in KS, got arrested while I lived there. No charges were pressed against me (at the time) so I moved out of the state of Kansas. I eventually received a summons to Douglas County court for a speeding and DUI charge they had detained me for over a year and a half earlier. (but didn't charge me at the time I was originally arrested)
With that said, I had 2 pending charges with an out-of-state court date in Kansas. I had no idea who to hire or ask for a recommendation on who to hire. That's when I found avvo, started searching, and after contacting multiple attorneys I chose to hire Patrick.
From the start he gave me all the information I requested (possible outcomes, fees, etc). He is EXCELLENT at staying in contact with his clients. All my calls were returned within 1 business day.
I didn't realize how strict Kansas law and/or judges were until I got charged and went to court. With the possibility of going to jail for up to a year, and possibly going to prison, I am extremely satisfied with the sentence I received.
I could go on and on, but the main things I want to highlight are:
- Patrick keeps in contact very well, more than any other attorney I've had (and I've had a few).
- Patrick won't sugar coat. He told me the possibilities and even though I didn't realize how possible they were at the time, in the end I am very greatful for his knowledge, patience, and representation.
- Patricks' knowledge. He knew how "the system" there worked. He wasn't surprised by what the DA did (or didn't do).
- Patrick was able to go to court without my presence at least 3 times and I only had to appear for the final court date. This was very helpful for I didn't have to travel back and forth for every court appearance.
- Patricks' Honesty. He was extremely honest. We had 1 or 2 "heated" conversations, but it just boiled down to him being honest about the situation and the facts of the case at hand. He won't tell you what you want to hear, he'll tell you the truth. I respect and appreciate that.
- Patricks' representation fee. His personal website itself said to check on prices. You don't want to pay for a wal-mart attorney, but at the same time you don't want to be largely overcharged. Patricks' bill fit right in the middle. I had a offer for half the price I paid Patrick, and I had a offer for more than double of what Patrick charged me. With the outcome being the same (or potentially worse) I'm satisfied with the charges I paid.
Overall, Patrick Lewis had all the things I looked for in an attorney. Honesty, knowledge, and stayed in contact!
You really can't ask for too much more, especially if you're guilty of breaking the law. Thank you.
Posted by Davies
First of all, Mr Lewis thank you. I have never written a review but for this one time I make an exception because I do believe that this man should be your go to lawyer if you are caught up or in trouble with the law. I am immigrant who was from out of state when I got arrested. I am also a medical professional who had been in trouble before. My life was in shambles. I moved back to AZ and started looking for lawyers. I found a few but my gut told me to keep looking. I found him on this website and first thing that caught my eye was that he looked fatherly and experienced. I called him and left a message. He called me back later that day and told me to schedule an appointment. I still wasn't sold. Until I met him. We sat down in his office and he meticulously went through the law and my options step by step. Like a professor. He knew his stuff and it was at that meeting that I knew I could stop looking. Once taking my case, I was informed on the progress of my case. He did not change up or come with excuses ir stories and he handled his business. I never stepped in a court room after hiring him and when my case was eventually dismissed he called me immediately to let me know. Professional is key when hiring a lawyer and Patrick is the man. He did not ask me to write this and my case was resolved 2 months ago. I feel that hiring a lawyer is like hiring a doctor and if I know a good doctor why wouldn't I recommend him to everyone else to get help and treatment? I highly recommend Mr Lewis. If you are in trouble with the law call him and at least go in for a consultation. You do not have to hire him but listen to the man. I did and I am free and got a chance to apologise and make up with my loved ones without the law getting its nosy paws involved. Don't be stupid. That's what got you looking for a lawyer on this website. Call now. You will not regret it. Thank again Patrick
Posted by bryan
I have known Mr. Lewis for several years, he has been my savior in the science of law. It is my opinion that Mr. Lewis is "THE BEST LAWYER IN KANSAS ". I would recommend Mr.Lewis at the drop of a hat. He keeps you informed on your case and promptly returns your calls , He gets the job done!!!
Posted by Matt
I came to Patrick with quite a situation and to tell you the truth I was terrified. He gave me a consultation and made me feel a lot better about the situation. This was my first time dealing with the law and Patrick showed his true professionalism from the moment I walked in his office. My case was a very tough one to handle but Patrick was always at my court appearances and always keeping in contact with the prosecutors and the officers on my case. Although he may take a couple days to respond to a phone call, he is always on top of the mail. For my situation I couldn't have received a better deal. I am out of jail and the state has settled on 1% of the drug taxes I owed. The stress levels in my life were sky high and Patrick helped them stay in check. I can move forward with my life and not start from square one, but from where I was at in life as this went on. Thank you Patrick for helping me through the most stressful situation in my life. I will be recommending you to anyone in need
Posted by Anne
We have been very pleased with the legal services provided by Patrick Lewis. He is responsive, knowledgeable and helpful. He fully explained our options and what we could reasonably expect from the process. In addition he was very personable and respectful of us and the difficult situation we were facing. I would recommend him without hesitation.
Posted by anonymous
Gave excellent guidance and showed exceptional knowledge during my case. I would highly recommend Mr. Lewis.
Posted by Amalia
I am very pleased with the service Mr. Lewis provided me. He is very knowledgeable in the field and the local area, and his experience and professionalism is really top notch. He always responded timely and courteously to my (sometimes excessive, but legal troubles are sometimes nervous!) queries. Mine was criminal cases needing expunged. His fees are quite reasonable, and I felt confident with his work. He was able to help me with my legal issues from a distance, which was amazing- I could not find any other lawyer willing to do that. I would trust him with any future legal need.
Posted by Kathaleen
Everyday people living a "normal" life do not need or seek out a lawyer. This was me, until my life turned upside down from a domestic abuse case. This led to a charge of A.A. on a LEO. From 2007 until I met Mr. Lewis in early 2012 and two other lawyers before him, I was so frustrated and angry. From the time I met Mr. Lewis he listened to me, talked to me, he explained the law as it pertained to my case. There was no, pay this, sign this and I will get back with you. That is so frustrating as a lost person in the justice system. Mr. Lewis was always there and available at odd times to talk with and explain what most of us want to know "legality" wise. I remember saying so many times, "No, that's not right", and all I got from the previous lawyers is, "Well, this is what we are going to do and say." I gave the information to Mr. Lewis, explained my situation to him and let him know my feelings of it all. Mr. Lewis then took all of this and did what a competent any educated lawyer would do. He represented me to the best of his abilities. I believe that people chose what they want to do in life and if you don't like your job and you have the wrong intentions for the outcome of that job, then you will not be right with society. Mr. Lewis is a highly informed, competent, trustworthy and hard working lawyer that I highly recommend to anyone facing a legal situation. I was and am very please with the outcome of my situation. Mr. Patrick Lewis is who I would call if you have a legal problem. He is what you are looking for in a lawyer
Posted by JW
I'll simply leave a list of what I liked about this attorney (considering I work in the field, I'm a tough critic):
1) Communication. Mr. Lewis corresponded with me via email constantly, mail and telephone when necessary. I was always in touch and my questions were answered quickly. I feel this is the most important attribute when judging a law practice, every bit as important as experience. What good is a great lawyer if a client isn't informed about their case?
2) Competence. From his initial client interview through representation and resolution of the case, Mr. Lewis demonstrated his knowledge of the law and the local court system.
3) Professionalism in general. A sum of the above points and other subtle indicators that this fellow knows what he's doing.