Receive a text message from Avvo with this lawyer's phone number and link to their profile for easier access from your mobile device.
My office is limited to issues of family law and child support employer withholding problems.
|IL||Active And Authorized To Practice Law||1994||04/14/2017|
|Award name||Grantor||Date granted|
|Preeminent 5.0 out of 5||Martindale-Hubbell||2016|
|Certificate of Appreciation Young Lawyers President||Winnebago County Bar Association||2001|
|Solo Practioner||Ray Law Office, P.C.||1999 - Present|
|Attorney||Gilbert & Associates||1997 - 1999|
|Attorney||City of Rockford||1995 - 1997|
|Attorney||Crosby & Associates||1994 - 1995|
|Association name||Position name||Duration|
|Ogle County Bar Association||Member||2016 - Present|
|Boone County Bar Association||Member||2016 - Present|
|Illinois State Bar Association||Member||2000 - Present|
|Professional organizations and associations||Member||N/A|
|National Child Support Enforcement Association||Member||2002 - 2006|
|Winnebago County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section||Past President||2000 - 2001|
|Winnebago County Bar Association||Member||2000 - 2016|
|Winnebago County Bar Association||Former Board of Directors||2000 - 2001|
|In re the Marriage of Clark http://www.state.il.us/court/R23_Orders/AppellateCourt/2013/2ndDistrict/2121061_R23.pdf||Trial court overturned. Interest is to be accounted for.|
|In re the Marriage of Smith, http://www.state.il.us/court/Opinions/AppellateCourt/2004/2ndDistrict/March/HTML/2030183.htm||The award of past due support for my client was upheld|
|See all legal cases|
|Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education||The Illinois Income Withholding “Notice” (Order) and S.B. 100||2009|
|Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education||The Math of the 2006 Interest Laws||2005|
|Illinois State Bar Association Family Law Newsletter||The Application Of Child Support Interest, More Than Just A Sharp Pencil.||2003|
|Northern Illinois University||N/A||BS - Bachelor of Science||1991|
|Northern Illinois University College of Law||Law||JD - Juris Doctor||1988|
|Winnebago County Bar Association, Family Law Section||Child Support||2013|
|Child Support and Maintenance with Gunnar||Update Regarding the Non-Support Punishment Act (NSPA) and the 2013 Requirements of Withholding for Support||2013|
|Family Law CLE||Income Withholding for Support||2012|
|WCBA Family Law Seminar||Child Support Interest Laws||2006|
|NSWBA Family Law Seminar||Child Support Interest Calculations||2005|
Posted by RACHEL
I'VE BEEN TOLD MANY NEGATIVES ABOUT LAWYERS, BUT DON PROVES THEM ALL TO BE FALSE. HE IS TRUELY ONE IN A MILLION LAWYER!!! DON, KNEW WHAT I WAS THINKING BEFORE I EVEN SAID IT!!! HE IMPRESSED ME WITH HIS: KNOWLEDGE, FAST RESPONSES, COST, PERSONALITY, AND CARING FOR MY WHOLE SITUATION. HE WAS MORE OF A FRIEND THAN SOMEONE I HIRED!
DON GOT MY FAMILY SUPPORT IN ONE MONTH WHEN I WAS WAITING A YEAR BEFORE MEETING HIM. HE WENT AGAINST MY EXS LAWYER WHOM WAS MONEY HUNGRY, VERY MEAN, AND A LIAR!! I WON'T SAY HER NAME(CHERI GREENLEE)!! OOPS!!! SHE WILL TAKE EVERY PENNY YOU HAVE AND STILL NOT HAVE A CLUE IN WHAT SHE IS TALKING ABOUT. DON STEPPED UP TO HER LIKE SHE WAS A TINY PUPPY WITH A BIG BARK!!! CONTRARY TO POPULAR BELIEF DON DOES NOT WANT BOTH PARTIES TO CONTINUE FIGHTING FOR MORE MONEY, HE ALWAYS TOLD ME IF MY EX AND I AGREE IT WILL BE CHEAPER. HE JUST WANTED TO DO HIS JOB GOOD FOR ME AND MY FAMILY . HOWEVER, IF I DIDNT LIKE SOMETHING HE STOOD BY ME AND FAUGHT!!! HE ALWAYS GOT ME WHAT I NEEDED!!! THANK YOU VERY, VERY, MUCH DON RAY FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK IN ALL MY CASES!!!
Posted by anonymous
My husband and I contacted Mr. Ray one year ago. Upon reviewing several attorney profiles and credentials late one night, I stumbled across Mr. Ray's child support website. Although my case concerned my ex-husband attempting to change a child support order and Donald Ray's area of practice is primarily child support, I contacted Mr. Ray. From Mr. Ray's court experience and people experience, he told me from the start how to handle my ex-husband and his attorney. Donald knows the law, and not soley child support...he identifies one' needs quickly and desrcibes the processes your about to go through. I am a talker, but this man is blunt and will not allow someone to waste their time/money on issues (typically of the heart) that are not valid in the courts eyes. HOWEVER, IF YOU FEEL STRONGLY ABOUT SOMETHING, HE WILL FIGHT FOR YOU... He doesn't like to lose a battle, and is agressive when he knows it is going to work. I am a talker and could write all day about my experience with this attorney. I have had a female jewish attorney who overbills, a brilliant attorney who will charge your weekly paycheck for a phone call, and have spoken to many women and men regarding their legal experiences, and I truly believe God guided me to Mr. Ray. From the first communication ( a phone call) until my last email, the following are all the reasons my family feels Mr. Ray is an asset to the legal community in helping people who truly need guidance:
1. He is an honest man; whether you agree or not, he will provide you with his truth about the legal system and where you stand
2. He is fiesty and agressive when he needs to be.
3. Won't over bill; I am a talker and I am well aware and thankful for those times he acted as a psychologist and let me vent for minutes when he only had seconds to talk.
4. He listens, but is firm with your options.
5. He is not flashy in his dress or language....very down to earth. He doesn't posses the attitude that he cannot learn from other people.
6. Knowledgeable about child support, child custody, and other family laws, and if he is unsure, he is humble enough to let you know that and find the answer.
7. Communicates effeciently and effectively. I never felt I was going to court unprepared.
8. This one is for me...unquestionably I knew he believed in me and what I said my son needed. This was the most important to me. If you can convince someone to believe in you, they will fight for you. Although in my case, my ex-husband negotiated in the end and I caved a little to get an agreement, I know if we would have went to trial (although he appeared in court several times) Mr. Ray would have shined in court on behalf of my son and the rest of our family. He is just a good man, and I don't think that can be said of many in his profession anymore.
Cash, Check, Credit card