Skip to main content
Stephen Laurence Hoffman

Stephen Hoffman’s Answers

5,819 total

  • If a person files court document that are false, or submit affidavit with false information is that grounds to dismiss a case.

    If a person files court document that are false, or submit affidavit with false information is that grounds to dismiss a case in your favor.

    Stephen’s Answer

    Not necessarily hoe relevant is the information? Can you prove it false?

    Talk to a lawyer for specifics regarding g your facts.

    See question 
  • How do I enter a motion in court to modify my child support payment How do I enter a motion in court to show false information

    How do I enter a motion in court to modify my child support payment. Could I submitted using the CCG N702 form along with additional documents like financial disclosure How do I enter a motion in court to show false information is being submitt...

    Stephen’s Answer

    File the notion, spindle it on the calendar of the judge assigned, and dens a notice of that notion to all parties of record.

    If you DIY you'll maybe get the procedure right and probably not present a persuasive motion.

    It's your kids and your money. Don't both deserve a lawyer to get it done right?

    See question 
  • What can happen to me or what can i do to become a citizen????if possible????

    In 2009 i got arrested for aggravated assault on a police officer,due to that i got involved with immigration...later i got stop for a dui and when i reported to immigration i had to choose or stay lock up with them or sign my volunteer departure ...

    Stephen’s Answer

    This calls for an immigration lawyer. I've changed the category.

    See question 
  • Was i trespassing if i fall asleep in a laundromat during business hours

    The police was called and i left the premise but about a block away the officier approach and started harassing me told me to cuff up

    Stephen’s Answer

    Facts matter. Were you asked to leave? Intoxicated? What signage is at the laundromat?

    Better get a criminal defense attorney.

    See question 
  • How im need to work with this issue

    Im working for insulation company , they starting paying us for iwn workers comp insurance , now i got injured and doctor diagnose me with mrsa and staph infection , i know my employer have workers comp coverage but how now i can proof him and his...

    Stephen’s Answer

    Stop guessing about your status and hire a workers' compensation lawyer.

    Way too many issues here fur a DIY.

    See question 
  • Would I and/or she be able to file a lawsuit in this case?

    A man threatened to rape my sister when the man was a adult and my sister was a minor. He also had a history of harassing her online on Twitter and on Facebook. Since these incidents took place just under 2 years ago, I have been unable to forget ...

    Stephen’s Answer

    Report this to the police. It's a criminal act first and foremost.

    See question 
  • How does compensation for excessive force civil claim work? Are there set amounts or only for actual amounts for replacement?

    For damage to vehicle, minor injuries, stress involved, etc. What all can be claimed and how is worth of claim figured?

    Stephen’s Answer

    As in all civil cases fir damages, you get what you can prove as actual damages. In some cases, soft damages such as pain and suffering are also available.

    Talk to civil rights lawyers.

    See question 
  • Who will represent a smaller civil claim on a contingency basis for excessive force? For compensation can anything else be done

    damage to vehicle, etc

    Stephen’s Answer

    First of all, we cannot "bid" for a case on here. That would be solicitation, so you have to contact us.

    There are many civil rights attorney in the Chicago area, almost all of whom work on a contingency basis.

    But much depends on what the facts are, what can be proved, what the damages are, and what the case is worth. Lots of factors.

    The best way for you to begin the search is to use the Avvo "find a lawyer" tab located on the Avvo website.

    See question 
  • Do we have a case?

    On a Sat, Hubby walked barefoot into pool area @ hotel (he was not swimming, so he was dry) & fell on a slick spot hitting his big toe on the ladder & landing on hip/buttocks area. Reported it to front desk clerk who responded with "that floor is ...

    Stephen’s Answer

    Tough case, but possibly, assuming the statement about the slickness can be proven.

    Slip and fall cases are the toughest ones in Illinois and the law is firmly against you. To have ANY hope of turning this into a successful case, talk to a lawyer for a free evaluation.

    These cases hinge on facts, notice of any defect, and mechanism of fall. Lots of issues to explore here.

    See question 
  • My mom had a bed sore one and a half times the size of her open hand. Is there a malpractice case against the nursing home?

    My mom passed away a few days ago. After her passing, we came to find out that she had a bedsore on her back the approx 10-12 inches in diameter. This had to be extremely painful and uncomfortable for my mom, but unfortunately she was not of sound...

    Stephen’s Answer

    Sorry about your mom dying. It's a tough loss for anyone. I've been there.

    You'd need records reviewed by an expert to show the standard of care was not followed. Also, even if you do that, the damages are next to nothing. A bed sore on so ton who can't testify is about zero.

    Talk to a lawyer just to make sure there's nothing there legally.

    See question