Skip to main content
Kenneth Howard Levinson

Kenneth Levinson’s Answers

23 total

  • Should I need a lawyer?

    A few weeks ago my car was involved in a mother was hit by a company truck while she was heading home.witnesses and the police ruled that the other driver was at fault,but that driver's adjuster is giving me the run around but not only...

    Kenneth’s Answer

    There is no downside to obtaining legal advice from an attorney. Most lawyers who handle these type of cases will provide you and your mother with a no cost consultation. All the best.

    See question 
  • Accident occur where my son was a passenger. The owner of the car was not driver it was someone who was not on the policy.

    It led to the death of my son. I need funds to cover the funeral. Who can I sue? The driver, the car owner. I need help please.

    Kenneth’s Answer

    I am so sorry for your loss. There are fewer things more tragic than having to bury a child. I strongly suggest you retain an experienced personal injury/wrongful death attorney. A proper investigation can reveal a number of avenues of recovery for your tremendous loss.

    See question 
  • Should i talk to the insurance company. Or should i hire a personal injury attorney and let them speak to insurance company?

    My daughter was walking along side a road. A vehicle was merging onto the road from a side access road and hit my daughter from behind. She received a cracked skull, temporal bone fracture, bleeding from ear and epidural hematoma. She was in hospi...

    Kenneth’s Answer

    I strongly believe that you should NOT talk to the driver's insurance company without consulting an attorney. Here is the link to a post I published on my child injury lawyer blog -

    I hope your daughter's recovery goes well. It is certainly one of the most challenging times a parent can go through.


    See question 
  • My mother was rear ended 2 days ago and shes been feeling bad since then. Is there a deadline in Illinois for going to the doc?

    Now I know everyone is going to be like " Go get medical attention ASAP". I know this and she will asap but I just wanted to make sure there is not some 72-hour deadline for doing so as I heard this from someone. She felt fine after the accident b...

    Kenneth’s Answer

    There is no deadline to see a doctor in Illinois. Of course, the longer your mother waits to seek medical attention, the more difficult it will be to prove that the crash caused her injuries.
    All the best to your mother for a full and speedy recovery.

    See question 
  • I was badly hurt last week and wondering if i can sue anyone.

    I was standing on a sidewalk last Friday in Evanston, IL when a drunk driver lost control of his companys pick up and struck me throwing me 20 feet in the air. I am still in the hosptal waiting for surgery to fix my leg and heel fractures. I also...

    Kenneth’s Answer

    I strongly suggest that you contact an experienced Illinois injury attorney. As others have mentioned, just because an insurance company initially denies they are responsible for paying damages, does not mean they are correct. I good lawyer will investigate and file all appropriate paperwork to make sure your rights are protected. There are also other options to explore. Does the drunk driver has his own insurance coverage? Was he coming from a bar that "over served' him? You may also have insurance coverage that may apply.
    I hope you have a speedy and successful recovery. I know you are going through a very difficult time and I wish you the best.
    Please contact my office or an experienced Illinois personal injury attorney.

    See question 
  • Daughter was involved in a hit and run accident with an off duty police office under the influence. What should i do?

    officer fled the scene of accident and got in another wreck. DUI.

    Kenneth’s Answer

    I strongly recommend you contact an experienced injury attorney as soon as possible. When we are hired in similar circumstances we investigate all possible avenues of recovery. For example, there may be key witnesses to the collision that need to be contacted and interviewed to make sure we can determine who in fact hit your daughter. We will also need to explore if there are other responsible individuals or entities. Lastly, there may be coverage with you or your daughter's insurance company. Here is a recent blog post on my child safety site that might be helpful to you -

    I hope your daughter is doing well.

    Ken Levinson
    Child Injury Lawyer
    Chicago, IL

    See question 
  • Does the lawyer's closing statement and itemized list of monies disbursed goes to claim adjuster?

    i know the settlement/release forms do.

    Kenneth’s Answer

    We do not provide the claims adjuster this information. Under certain circumstances, this information needs to be provided to the court (such as in a wrongful death settlement). Since the itemization may be public record, the insurance adjuster, in limited circumstances, might obtain the settlement distribution.
    Perhaps you should have an open and honest conversation with your attorney about your concerns.

    See question 
  • How do i get help with my ankle getting fixed?

    I was hit by a drunk driver who didnt have a liscense and no insurance and i have no medical insurance and i tried to get medical and they denied me I dont know what to do and i have to have surgery because my ankle bone is crushed any options out...

    Kenneth’s Answer

    I highly recommend you contact an experienced injury attorney. There a number of legal avenues that need to be investigated to see if there are potential liable individuals or companies with assets or insurance coverage to pay for your surgery. For example, a bar or restaurant might be liable under a "dram shop" theory depending on how much alcohol they served the driver.
    Good luck with your recovery and in finding the answer to your question.

    See question 
  • Should I get a personal injury lawyer?

    A month ago my husband called our credit union and asked if they could send us our account information to set up direct deposit. We got the letter and set everything up. Money started to go into that account ,but the only problem was the credit un...

    Kenneth’s Answer

    An attorney concentrating in personal injury cases, is probably not the best choice for you and your husband. You may want to consult with a lawyer who is familiar with laws relating to credit unions and perhaps banking.
    I commend you and your husband for being diligent about your accounts and making sure this doesn't happen again.
    I strongly suspect that after pointing out the mistake to the appropriate people and with continued monitoring of the account, this will not happen again.
    Good luck with your situation.

    See question 

    Hello. MY name is Stephanie Espinoza. I was rear-ended by person while I was driving a company car. The issued had insurance, but their insurer questions my injuries as well as mentions that they may not be liable for my injuries because it is...

    Kenneth’s Answer

    I recommend you contact an attorney licensed in California. In Illinois, where I practice, you would be able to file a lawsuit against the driver responsible for your injuries. Just because you were working does not let the negligent driver off the hook. I also strongly advice you to follow up with medical doctors if your symptoms persist. If you have health insurance, you may very well be covered for at least your medical bills.
    Goog luck with your situation.

    See question