I have a Visa Stamping on my passport which is valid till June 14 2017. I went through a H1B extension(extending beyond the 6 yr period) process again and i got an extension further for 3 years on the basis of my I 140 from June 15th 2017 to June ...
1. That looks like the best plan
3) no, they shouldn't need to do that.
I came to India and had to go for visa stamping. I got 221g admin processing. Can my employer run payroll in USA for me if I work remotely from India. If yes then for how long?
Technically this is not a US immigration law question. But, since I have been asked it more and more, especially for people stuck in India, I'll give it a shot.
I see no problem with working in India ... as long as the appropriate US and Indian income tax laws are followed.
I am unaware of any time limit.See question
I started my OPT from 01/26/2017 and it valid till 01/26/2018. Since my master's degree falls in STEM I am eligible for 24 months of extension. My employee is filing my H1B this year and has given me an option either to file as "Change of Status" ...
Are you discussing these options with the company's attorney or a NON-ATTORNEY in HR?
Your future spouse will have problems getting an F-2 ... but not an H-4 ... talk about this with the company attorney.See question
Hi, I have an approved H1B till July 2017 for Phoenix Location for Client A and extension is due in July 2017 I have been offered a position with Client B in Charlotte. Client B says the position can be remote working. My question 1) is it ...
It sounds like you are working fora consultancy job shop. You should know that this type of 'employer-employee' relationship is undergoing close scrutiny and possible shut-down in the near future.
Also, you should not be asking these questions on a blog ... talk directly to the company's immigration attorney and NOT a NON-ATTORNEY in HR.
2. multiple locations, multiple LCAs ... talk to the company attorney
3. yes, talk to the company attorney
My H1 B Visa Transfer is initiated as regular processing, so it will take 4 month or about to get it approved. So I wondering whether my new employer can starts a Green Card process during my H1B Transfer.
I hope you didn't make the risky move of starting at the new employer with nothing more than a fee receipt ... far too many employees encounter problems when they do this.
Why were these papers filed in regular? It isn't too late to upgrade to premium. I strongly suggest that you talk to the new employer's lawyer and NOT a NON-ATTORNEY in HR ... requesting that premium papers be filed so that they arrive on, or before March 31st, when premium will be suspended for 6 months.
As for filing PERM papers .. there is no connection to an H. The employee doesn't need to be working for the PERM sponsor, heck, they don't even need to be in the US to be sponsored.See question
I am on F1 OPT and got admission in PhD for fall 2017 semester. My F1 visa expires on June 2018. In between can I go back to my country and return for my PhD on same visa?
I will be happy to answer this question ... after you tell us what the schoo'ls DSO said.See question
I am about to apply for F1 for a US graduate school. However, a US firm just offered to sponsor my h1b. I prefer to work on h1b, but given the h1b lottery, I plan to apply for both h1b and f1 in case h1b isn't selected. So my questions are: 1. W...
First of all ... 'you' cant file for an H .. only a company can do that ... and they will 'own' those paper.
1. Are you outside of the US? If not, what is your status in the US? If currently on F-1, I don't see a problem. If not in the US, then I recommend that you talk to the company's immigration lawyer, and NOT a NON-ATTORNEY in HR, to develop a strategy.
2. Telling everyone everything is the only honest way to proceed ... don't you agree?See question
I came to the US in August 2016 with a B-2 visa. Than I’ve applied for a COS from B-2 to B-1 in February 2016 and still waiting for a decision. In the meantime I got an unexpected job offer from a company and they want to apply to H1-B for me. But...
The language of that e-mail 'feels' like it was written by a NON-ATTORNEY in HR.
In either case, if the COS to B-1 is approved, or not, you won't be able to maintain lawful status all the way up-to-October 1st.
You should NOT try to extend for September 2017 if the company has filed for an H-1B.
What you should do is go home and plan for consular processing of the H visa foil and returning after September 20, 2017 ... to attempt to stay in the US during this period is futile and could result in your B-1/B-2 visa stamp being canceled.
Talk to the company's lawyer.
PS If you're not a Canadian citizen, NEVER GO TO A #RD COUNTRY FOR YOUR INITIAL H VISA FOIL.See question
Back in December I filed the I-485 form, without including the I-765 form since I'm still working under the OPT (I regret not to do that). Now my OPT is about to expire in June. What should I do, apply the I-765 through my AOS or apply for STEM...
I understand your regret .. this is the kind of mistake that could have been avoided if you had consulted with an attorney before you filed.
I recommend filing for the 485-based EAD ... you'll probably have the greencard before the STEM OPT would have expired.
No extra fee .. .just include the 485 fee receipt along with the 765.See question
I am spending my exchange visiting period as a PhD student in a U.S. university. My visa is a short term visiting J1 which is valid for six months. I want to know am I required to obtain a Social Security Number? I noticed it is not mandatory an...
Will you be receiving money? If yes, the yes you should get a SSN.
I see no 'empowerment' on filing a travel ban waiver merely because you have a SSN.See question