Skip to main content
Deborah N Dewalt

Deborah Dewalt’s Answers

1 total

  • Can my wife reverse an order the judge granted me on a motion i filed by just calling the court?

    My wife has been ordered to attend a motion hearing in 2 weeks in person. To date she has attended hearings via telephone as she is 1500 miles away. The judge when she granted my request that my wife show up in person said its reasonable that she ...

    Deborah’s Answer

    Technically, yes, your wife should file a motion, giving you at least 17 days notice if she sends it to you and the Court by mail. Some judges will consider requests for continuances (postponing motions) without the full formalities being met.

    See question