Skip to main content
Rolland Sizemore III

Rolland Sizemore’s Answers

63 total

  • How would this case go if it were to be brought up in court?

    I started talking to a 16 year old female on a dating app that requires you to be at least 18, bear in mind I'm a 19 year old male, and she gives me her number. We talk for a little while, but not much at all to be honest. Eventually she sends me ...

    Rolland’s Answer

    This is actually a complex issue. Although the age of sexual majority in Michigan is 16 years, the age of majority for explicit pictures is 18.

    It is illegal to posses explicit or partially-nude pictures of people under the age of 18. The prosecutor must prove that you knowingly and intentionally possessed the picture. In other words, that you knew you had it, and that you knew it was a picture of and underage person.

    Because you were met and were conversing with her on an app that requires a person to be 18, you have a potential defense to a charge of that nature. In fact, if you are correct about that, the case might never be charged. In any case, I would not recommend paying the "father" any money at all.

    You should consult an attorney about the specifics of your case. Right away. Consider finding an attorney on with at least a 9.0 rating, with specific experience in Sexual cases.

    Best of Luck to you.

    See question 
  • Will my probation office allow me to travel to Canada for 4 days? I am on probation for a DUI.

    I am on probation for a DUI.

    Rolland’s Answer

    Unfortunately, this is not the relevant question. Your probation agent may very well approve your trip, but Canada will not allow you to cross the border into their country.

    You should Google Canada's border restrictions, or consult a local attorney with your questions.

    See question 
  • Hi i was just wondering what Attempted larceny in a building law carrys in michigan?

    Hi i was just wondering what Attempted larceny in a building law carrys in michigan? Is it a Felony? What if the person has a previous charge that is Retaill fraud 3rd degree and have been convicted of it.Will they see a harsh penelty?

    Rolland’s Answer

    Attempted Larceny in a Building is a felony, punishable by up to 2 years in prison. A previous conviction for Retail Fraud, 3rd Degree will not enhance the penalty, since that charge is a misdemeanor. It might, however, cause the prosecutor and/or the judge in the case to treat you more severely.

    Consult a local attorney to discuss the case with specificity.

    Good luck to you.

    See question 
  • I got a ticket in dec '14 for driving on suspended license and weed, i have a warrant out, do i need a lawyer 2 go to court with

    I never been in trouble before, i was driving a friend car, no proof of insurance, i'm a college student on break for the summer

    Rolland’s Answer

    Yes, you need a lawyer. Find a experienced local attorney. That person will be able to advise you about the tendencies of the judges and magistrates in the justification, and also have the influence to get you the best bond possible.

    Best of luck to you.

    See question 
  • My sister got pregnant by a 24 year old man when she was 15. Being 5 years later, can charges be pressed against him?

    She is now 20 years old and finally had a DNA test done by the state of Michigan. He is determined to be the childs father.

    Rolland’s Answer

    I couldn't agree with Mr. Dickstein more.

    First of all, this sexual incident is likely chargeable as First Degree Criminal Sexual Conduct. That charge would be based upon her age (13-15), coupled with an "injury" (the pregnancy). First Degree Criminal Sexual Conduct in Michigan is a capital offense, which means it is punishable by any term of years, up to and including life. Further, CSC1 does not have an applicable statute of limitations, so the charges can be brought at any time in the future. A DNA test and birth certificate is all the evidence a prosecutor needs.

    Furthermore, please pay close attention to the attorneys answering the questions on this website. Every state has nuances to their laws, and error based on ignorance of those nuances can lead to disastrous results.

    Good Luck.

    See question 
  • I am on probation under 7411. After I complete probation will my arrest record still appear on background checks?

    I wad charged with possession of marijuana and got the Michigan 7411. My probation ends in less than a week and I'm curious if when employers do a background check on me if the arrest will show up or be non public? The website says it...

    Rolland’s Answer

    I respectfully disagree with counsel's answer above. Long-term consequences of pleas should always be considered.

    The answer to your question is that the record of your arrest will always be present. Your criminal history will show an arrest, a charge, and a dismissal. MCL 333.7411 does not clear your record completely.

    I wish you the best of luck going forward.

    See question 
  • My friend got his computer and phone taken for an internet crime, what will happen?

    I have no idea of what it is, because he wont tell me. But i was wondering if depending on the crime, is it possible to just get probation and fines? Also they took his stuff had him write a statement, but they did not hold him in contempt. He has...

    Rolland’s Answer

    Your question is difficult to answer, in part because you are, I think, misusing legal terms. "Contempt" is a willful violation or disregard for a Court's order. That doesn't seem to be the case here, where the police are just now investigating criminal allegations.

    The short answer to your question is "Yes." Depending on the charge, probation is a possibility. Due to the vast array of possible charges here, though, it is impossible to predict a likely sentence.

    Your friend should hire an experienced local attorney, tell him/her the full story, and follow their advice.

    See question 
  • I received a DUI while on probation for public intoxication. What should I do?

    I fell asleep in a cab and received public intoxication charge. I have been doing well on my 1 year probation. The last hearing the judge discussed letting me off early. Last night I was charged with a DUI for falling asleep at a stop light. I had...

    Rolland’s Answer

    Call an attorney ASAP.

    You are clearly headed for an OWI charge, and possibly a probation violation on the public intox case. Worst case scenario is jail on each. You need to contact an experienced local attorney that is familiar with the judges and court staff in each jurisdiction you are charged in.

    Call an attorney. Today.

    Good luck.

    See question 
  • Can I get My record sealed?

    I caught two felonies 10 years ago in Michigan: 750.157N1 FIN. TRANS. DEV.-STEAL/RETAIN WO/CONSENT 333.74032B-A CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE - POSSESSION/ANALOGUES I was sentenced as follows: SENTENCE HELD, PROB 24 MOS, NO ALC/DRUGS, ALC/...

    Rolland’s Answer

    Unfortunately, no. There is no way to seal adult convictions in Michigan.

    Additionally, since you have two convictions, it is highly unlikely that you can get either stricken from your record, either.

    That being said, you should consult an attorney in your area to review your file and give you case-specific advice.

    See question 
  • My grandson attends fraternity parties in Michigan where he drinks beer even though he is 19. He has been told that it is legal

    because it is in the frat house and a private residence. Is this correct?

    Rolland’s Answer

    In a word: NO!

    The legal drinking age in Michigan is 21. The only exception being consumption for religious ceremonies. And fraternity parties do not count.

    Your grandson got some really bad advice.

    See question