Skip to main content
Lee Lawrence Coleman

Lee Coleman’s Answers

3 total

  • Rear ended by a person who had no insur,, can i get back my deductable i had to pay?

    I was rear-ended by a driver who had no insurance,, it was determined their fault. my insurance co,paid for the repairs but i had to pay the first 1000.00 deductable..( no body injury is there a way i can get my money back,, i,m just furuiou...

    Lee’s Answer

    If the accident was not your fault then you would have the right to sue the driver in Small Claims Court to attempt to get your deductible back. I would recommend that you do so, as Small Claims Court is set up so that the average citizen can use Small Claims Court without having to hire an attorney. When you go for your Small Claims Court hearing you will need a copy of the police report, a damage estimate or other proof of the total damage done to your vehicle, and proof that your insurance policy had a $1,000 deductible. If the Small Claims judge rules in your favor, which sounds likely, then you will get a judgment against the driver. If the driver fails to pay the judgment then you need to go to the driver’s license office in your county, give them a copy of the judgment and sign a statement that it has not been paid, and they have the authority to revoke the driver’s license of that person. Then the only way they can get their license back is to pay off the judgment, and if they have the money to do so most drivers will do that. It will be very little work or effort for you, and it would be a fair result for this driver.

    See question 
  • Can ssd increase if I lose my job?

    I work part time and while employed I discovered my diagnosis of aspergers, ocd, add, and bipolar disorder. Soon after I started receiving ssd and then gained the independence to live on my own. However, due to my minimum wage income I am having a...

    Lee’s Answer

    Unfortunately, if you lose your job your monthly SSD payment will not increase. People who have been approved for SSD are allowed to earn up to $1,000 per month for part-time work, and those earnings would be in addition to what you draw from Social Security Disability. So, as long as you are working you can draw both your SSD monthly check and the wages you earn at work, as long as you stay below the allowed minimum earnings. If you earn too much then you will get cut off from your Social Security Disability payments. If you lose your job or quit you will continue to draw your Social Security Disability monthly check, but your benefits will not increase.

    See question 
  • Do I have s malpractice case?

    Long story short, my 13 year old daughter started getting sick around 6 months ago, extreme fatigue and bad headachs, this started many trips to different drs and a lot of tests. I kept insisting on blood test for lyme and rocky mountain spotted f...

    Lee’s Answer

    There are three basic questions to determine whether to pursue a malpractice case. First question is, “Did the doctor violate the standard of care?” and the second question is, “Was the patient injured because the doctor violated the standard of care?” and the third question is, “What damages were suffered because of the doctor’s negligence?” If a lawyer wants to pursue a malpractice case the law in Kentucky requires that we obtain a report from a physician answering the first two questions. We would look to find a doctor with expertise in lyme disease, and ask that doctor whether your daughter’s doctor should have run the test sooner, and if so, then did your daughter suffer injuries because her doctor waited too long to order the test? Just using our common sense it would seem that the doctor did wait too long and that your daughter was injured because of the delay, but the law requires that we get this opinion from a physician who knows what doctors should do when treating someone with your daughter’s symptoms. Finally, if the opinion from the expert physician was favorable, then we would evaluate the damages your daughter suffered because of her doctor’s delay. If those damages were high enough then she would have a viable medical malpractice case. We recommend having a thorough review by an attorney with expertise in handling medical malpractice cases.

    See question