Skip to main content
Jennifer Gale Rose

Jennifer Rose’s Answers

2 total

  • Can I get a divorce if I don't know exactly where my husband is?

    I got married young but me and my husband separated after 13 months of marriage.I have not seen him in over 20 years and I heard he got married again.Is that possible?I have been on the internet and I have his last known address.I am ready to move...

    Jennifer’s Answer

    In Alabama, a divorce by publication is available. The divorce is simply published in the last known county of residence. You may want to check your local laws to see if publication is available for your state as well.

    See question 
  • Help divorce decree not being followed concerning my childs medical insurance and medical bills

    in my final divorce decree it states that the father is to maintain heath insurance on the child and to pay half of all copay and medical expenses. This was being carried out for a period of almost a year until he was laid off at his job. Then th...

    Jennifer’s Answer

    I hate that you are going through this. If your child's father is not doing what was ordered, you can file in a Motion for Contempt under your original case number and the Judge will set a hearing so that he can enforce the order. There are also additional things such as sanctions against him for non-compliance that can be enforced by the Judge as well as additional judgments that can allow garnishment of wages.

    If you need assistance in filing contempt against him for non-payment, please feel free to contact me. I would love to help.

    Jennifer Rose
    The Rose Law Firm, LLC

    See question