Skip to main content
Liridona Sinani

Liridona Sinani’s Legal Guides

8 total

  • If I am relocating, can I seek to modify the time-sharing agreement of my minor child?

    It is possible, only if show that there has been a substantial change in circumstances. What does "substantial change in circumstances" mean? That since the entry of the last order, there has been a

    Read more 

  • Is a Court Required to Consider the Tax Implications of An Alimony Award?

    In determining whether to award alimony, the court must first make a determination as to whether either party has an actual need for alimony and whether either party has the ability to pay alimony. If both of these questions are answered affirmatively, then in determining the pro...

    Read more 

  • What is goodwill in a professional practice, how is it valued, and is it a marital asset?

    In a dissolution of marriage proceeding, the parties must present competent substantial evidence of the existence and value of marital assets. The court must identify each asset, designate it as marital or non-marital, and equitably distribute the marital assets. One area of c...

    Read more 

  • What are my rights as a biological father of a child who was born while the mother was married?

    To answer this question briefly, a biological father has no rights to a child born while the mother was married to another man, unless the mothers husband relinquishes his parental rights through proper procedure. In Florida, the legal father of a child is defined as the man to w...

    Read more 

  • Does a sperm donor have any parental rights to a child conceived through artificial insemination?

    The answer is: most likely no. According to Florida Statute 742.14, a donor of any egg, sperm, or embryo does not have any parental rights with respect to the resulting children. The only two exceptions are: when the commissioning couple employs assisted reproductive technology o...

    Read more 

  • How can I modify the time-sharing provisions in my mediated settlement agreement?

    If you are seeking a court order to modify time-sharing or custody determination provisions set forth in your mediated settlement agreement, you must prove to the court either that (1) there are facts concerning the welfare of the child that the court did not know at the time tha...

    Read more 

  • Parental Rights in Adoption Proceedings

    In Florida, for an adoption to be valid, the parental rights of the biological parents must first be terminated. For those rights to be terminated, voluntary or involuntary termination of rights must occur. When rights are involuntarily terminated, it is usually through a depende...

    Read more 

  • How can I modify my existing time-sharing schedule?

    What is formerly known as custody is currently referred to as time sharing in Florida Statutes. When parties in a dissolution of marriage case have a minor child in common, there is a need to establish parental responsibility for the minor child. The parties will strive to agree ...

    Read more