Skip to main content
Connie R. Stephens

Connie Stephens’s Answers

2 total

  • How do i respond to summons for dissolution of marriage in Florida

    Today i recieved a petition for dissolution of marriage and other relief from my wife and attorney.My wife and i said we want to make this as quick and painless as possible. But this dissolution paper says a whole differnt story,she told me that...

    Connie’s Answer

    • Selected as best answer

    That a big breath and start breathing, you do not answer the summons. The summons denotes that you were served papers; divorce papers.You have 20 days from the date of that service to answer the petition for dissolution of marriage with children and property and file your counterpetition. The real deal will probably occur at mediation. There you will find out what really is being sought by the wife, unless you are sent settlement papers. Please consult an attorney to find out what your rights and responsibilities are in your case. This response does not create any attorney client privilege. Connie R. Stephens

    See question 
  • I'm going through a divorce and custody battle

    my husband's residence is not suitable for my son, he does not have a bedroom there, he was sleeping in the enclosed porch, where the front door is. My husband sleeps on the couch, and the people he lives with are crazy. The woman has too many med...

    Connie’s Answer

    For purposes os establishing a parenting plan and a time sharing schedule,which governs each party's relationship with the child, the length of time the child lives in a stable, safe and satisfactory enviorment and the desirability of maintaining continuity is an important factor. Contact an attorney to assist in the process of securing your your child's safety . Connie R. Stephens

    See question