my mother passed away in 2013 she lived in tn and thats where she passed away she has no bills or property all she had left was a bank account it has 895.00 in the account do i have to go to tn to file probate we are her only living children can i...
Probate needs to be filed in TN. Contact a probate attorney in the county where your mother last resided in TN and discuss the matter. You will likely not need to travel to TN since the attorney can probably handle the matter for you.See question
Moved to Florida last August from ohio
This is a complex area of the law. If you are truly receiving SSI, you can lose Medicaid eligibility if you don't establish a special needs trust. There are different special needs trusts to consider, depending on your situation (e.g., if you are over the age of 65 your options are limited). In short, the funds you receive will be considered countable income unless a special needs trust is properly executed.See question
I borrowed my uncle's van to travel less than a mile and got rear ended by a drunk driver. What rights do I have.
You should consult with an attorney who handles auto accidents immediately. Many of these attorneys offer free consultations. Good luck to you.See question
We have 3 years old daughter, leaving in different state, and we don't talk to each other. He is leaving with his new family.
Use this site (avvo.com) to search for an attorney in your area who handles divorces. Even though he is in a different state, it may be to your advantage to file the divorce in Florida since it is where you live. Many divorce attorneys offer free initial consultations. Good luck to you.See question
....including amongst others, an alteration to the note, that was originally filed without an endorsement, and mysteriously appeared one year later on an altered fax receipted document, purported to be the copy of the original?
You can contact the local regional FBI office by phone but chances are they will refer you to the local police. Many large cities/counties have a local financial crimes detective that you can contact. There a lot of multi-million dollar cases involving alleged financial crimes with limited number of resources working them so be prepared for a long process that may not yield results. Good luck to you.See question
I was heading southbound driving to get my girlfriend food she was pregnant at the time. Some mustang pull right out in front of me causing me to wreck into him. He admitted it was his fault, I have a witness who wrote statements. I have no licens...
You should consult with a personal injury attorney who handles auto accidents right away. Many offer free consultations.See question
There is another son but he dont wont anything to do with it but he's half executor, when it sells im going to do the spend down program but i wont be able to find him to sign any papers , due to his criminal lifestyle, whats the best way to spend...
A review of the property title will need to be done. Even though the realtor put the land on the market, he/she won't be able to sell it if the property remains in a decedent's name. You also mention that there is a son who is "half executor" and has a criminal lifestyle. Is he a co-personal representative for the estate, or half owner of the property? If he is a personal representative for the estate and his criminal history includes a conviction of a felony, he is disqualified and will not be able to serve as a personal representative. Also, if you are on Medicaid, you risk losing your eligibility should you inherit the property and not plan accordingly. I strongly encourage you consulting with an attorney who handles probate and medicaid planning.See question
Sorry to hear about your loss. You should find an attorney in the state where your mom last resided. So, if her residence was in Michigan, you should find a probate attorney in Michigan. May I suggest using this website (avvo.com) to find an attorney if you do not know of any? I would suggest contacting at least 2 or 3 and speaking with them before signing a retainer agreement. Good luck to you.See question
I own my home outright with no mortgage as a single person. I have medicare which basically covers 80 percent. I pay for the remaining 20 percent which is draining my savings. In the event, I can no longer afford to pay the 20 percent, can the...
Attorney Lampbert has provided a good response to this question.See question
Got an email from attornwy I used yrs ago saying I can go to jail for a balance owed?i actually forgot n have not gotten any invoices or reminder letters.
You cannot go to jail for owing money to a private individual. I suggest showing the letter to another attorney to make sure you are interpreting the letter correctly. The attorney will also let you know whether you can pursue legal action.See question