Skip to main content
Heidi M. Crimins

Heidi Crimins’s Answers

1 total

  • Should I obtain a divorce lawyer?

    Hello, I want to file for divorce but I'm not sure if I need a lawyer. We have no marital property together or any kids. Everything in the house we have talked about what we will split. We have been married for almost 15 years. However, my h...

    Heidi’s Answer

    There are several family law attorneys in the area that offer free consultations. Many also handle uncontested matters which is generally much more affordable and you get the peace-of-mind that an attorney has reviewed the agreement and you have been informed of your rights. The Railroad Retirement benefits, if it is a marital asset, will require a QDRO prepared by an attorney.

    See question