Skip to main content
John Stephen Mixon Jr.

John Mixon’s Answers

2 total

  • Can you sue for false sexual harassment

    I am a female postal supervisor. Our male union president filed false sexual harassment charges against me because he became angered about a management decision I made. The decision was based solely on the contract. A senior employee that he has ...

    John’s Answer

    Yes, you can sue someone for slander or liable when they make false statements which damage you.

    See question 
  • Is your employer allowed to show you any witness statements against you in a sexual harassment case

    I believe I will be cleared but I still want to see what the accusers had to say. Human resources is refusing to show me the statements.

    John’s Answer

    Yes, legally your employer can show you the witness statements. However, often employers are careful because they don't want anyone to retaliate against anyone for making a statement.

    See question