Skip to main content
Charles Kuck

Charles Kuck’s Legal Guides

9 total

  • What is a Priority Date

    What is a Priority Date You can file your adjustment of status application or consular process your case when there are "immigrant visa numbers" available from the Department of State for individuals

    Read more 

  • What to Do If You Lost Your Green Card

    If you are in the United States and your green card has been lost or stolen, apply for a replacement through form I-90. If you are not in the United States, you will need to apply for either a waiver of the document or a transportation letter.

    Read more 

  • What is the Employment Based Immigration Process?

    Labor Certification Your employer must demonstrate to the Department of Labor that it is unable to locate qualified or available U.S. workers for your position in the geographic area where you work.

    Read more 

  • How Will Leaving my Employer Affect My Nonimmigrant Status?

    If I choose to leave my current employer, will this affect my visa status in process? The E, H, L, TN and O nonimmigrant visas are employer-specific. Therefore, if you leave your current employer and

    Read more 

  • What Do I Need to Get a Social Security Card

    When can I receive a Social Security Number? If you do not already have a social security number, you can apply for one at the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) office. If you hold nonimmigra

    Read more 

  • How to Fix a Failure to Turn In an I-94W

    You Must Turn In Your I-94 or I-94W when you leave the US. If you returned home with your Department of Homeland Security (United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)) departure record

    Read more 

  • How do I obtain a visa stamp in my passport?

    The process is slightly different in each country, but this guide will provide you general guidelines on Visa Stamp Processing.

    Read more 

  • Is Visa Processing Necessary After a Change of Status Approval?

    First Determine What Type of Visa You Entered the U.S. On This will depend on a variety of factors. In most cases it will be advisable for the visitor to return home to wait for the visa petition app

    Read more 

  • Immigration Options When Marrying a U.S. Citizen

    What is the Best Visa Option? Many people ask us which is the fastest way to bring their loved one to the United States. The options are to marry in the U.S. (Fianc (K-1) or Tourist (B-2) visa) or ma

    Read more