Skip to main content
T. Andrew Miller

T. Andrew Miller’s Answers

203 total

  • What should it cost me and is there a local attorney willing to help me with my insurance accident claim?

    Accident took place on 9/28/2015. Elderly lady turned in front of me across a Peachtree Road (Buckhead) intersection on a rainy Monday night. Both our cars were totaled. I have accident photos from both the scene and of my injuries. It was an "...

    T. Andrew’s Answer

    You may need to speak with an attorney to help you sort all of this out! Many firms offer free consultations. Don't take on the insurance company by yourself!

    See question 
  • Is including a resignation stipulation to a Workers' Compensation Stipulation and Agreement, legal/allowed?

    I'm in negotiations to settle my workers' comp claim. My employer wants me to resign my position as a stipulation, and the lawyer for the insurance company wants to add my resignation to the Stipulation and Agreement before sending it for State Bo...

    T. Andrew’s Answer

    It's legal and it's commonplace as a term of the settlement of a WC case. It's an agreement between the injured worker and the employer, not for the SBWC to get involved in. Regardless, there are a lot of reasons why it benefits the injured worker to voluntarily resign as a part of settlement of a WC case, so it's generally not something you will be advised against doing.

    See question 
  • How do I get compensation for my injuries and medical bills, do I file a civil case or would a attorney represent me?

    I was injured at work due to the owner not fixing the cracked concrete per OSHA's ordes.My ankle is fractured, Im now hurt and the owner doesn't offer workmans comp. Or medical insurance. My medical expenses are starting to add up.

    T. Andrew’s Answer

    You need to retain an attorney and take action ASAP. "Workers comp is not offered" is one of the many tactics employers take to protect themselves when employees are injured on the job. To protect yourself, hire a lawyer who will move your case forward now.

    See question