Skip to main content
Evan Lyle Kaine

Evan Kaine’s Answers

7 total

  • What do do when a car not driven by its insured owner hits a pedestrian in a cross-walk?

    My Brother was recently hit by a car in a cross-walk when the signal said "WALK". He suffered sever injury requiring surgery. He has since been released from the hospital but is in a great deal of pain. He cant work or do much for himself and the ...

    Evan’s Answer

    There are a number of potential options for your brother to pursue. A lot of options depend on the specific circumstances and types of insurance coverage(s) available.

    The easiest avenue may be to have a free consultation with an attorney to really go over all of the details. For the most comprehensive review, an attorney will request a copy of the police report along with any insurance related documents - for both the at fault driver and any cars owned by your brother or garaged at his primary address on the day of the accident.

    There can be a number of hurdles to overcome in cases like your brother's but none that can't be addressed by a creative approach.

    See question 
  • . Assume Jill was injured in an automobile accident while vacationing in California. Sam was driving the car that hit her. Jill

    . Assume Jill was injured in an automobile accident while vacationing in California. Sam was driving the car that hit her. Jill is a resident of Massachusetts. Sam is a resident of Michigan. In which state(s) may Jill bring suit and why?

    Evan’s Answer

    Likely, Jill will have to bring the claim/suit in California because that is where the accident occurred. This depends upon California law. In the alternative, Jill may be able to bring the claim/suit in Michigan because that is where Sam resides.

    If this same scenario took place in Georgia instead of California, Jill should bring the claim/suit in Georgia instead of Michigan. Georgia law allows the injured party (Jill) to bring the claim/suit in the jurisdiction in which she was injured - rather than having to bring the claim/suit in the jurisdiction that the defendant resides.

    Lastly, if Jill brings the claim/suit in Michigan, Michigan has some unique laws and requirements for viable personal injury claims that are distinct from many other jurisdictions (including Georgia).

    DISCLAIMER: This answer is provided as general information, which may not be appropriate for the specific facts of your particular situation. No attorney-client relationship has been established based on this limited communication. You are advised to consult with an attorney in your jurisdiction before taking any action or inaction that may affect your legal rights.

    See question 
  • I was in a bad accident on a motorcyle arm was hanging by a thread bleeding said i decline but i wasready on life star s/patrol

    he stated i refuse to take the test which was not possible

    Evan’s Answer

    It sounds like you're referring to an alcohol related roadside test? If so, with the serious injuries that you had, the police would generally obtain your blood-alcohol content from the hospital. Of course, my response is limited to the information that you provided but I do suggest that you contact a Georgia attorney for help.

    Evan Kaine
    Attorney at Law

    This information is being provided in response to an online inquiry and shall not constitute legal advice or serve to form an attorney-client relationship.

    See question 
  • My son (6years old was walking and hit by adrunk driver that was supending.

    my som was walking and hit by a drunk driver 4days ago who alcohol level was.061 and was speeding a residental area he stained injury to his eye and scrapes and brusies to his left said of his body and now his scared to go out side and wakes up i...

    Evan’s Answer

    While no one can fully answer your question without a complete case review, I have handled many cases with similar facts over the years. I am happy to share some of my experiences and results as they may guide you.

    Feel free to give me a call at your convenience.

    Evan Kaine
    (404) 214-2001 x. 101

    See question 
  • A non-insured worker fell from a ladder at my FL prop & sustained multiple bone fractures. What is my liability?

    The worker was over the weight limit posted on the ladder, which caused the ladder to buckle and the worker to lose balance and fall. He is now in hospital care and will have surgery with months of rehab. How do I protect myself?

    Evan’s Answer

    Your liability is probably limited based upon the facts that you presented. Do you maintain insurance coverage for these types of ocurrences? If so, that insurance company should provide you with a defense at no additional cost. The key for you is to place the insurance company on notice as quickly as possible once you receive notice of the injured person making a claim or pursuing you. If you have workers comp insurance, the same likely applies.

    See question 
  • I was rear ended in a car accident and have neck,shoulder and back pain. What should I do?

    The insurance company for the driver who hit me says they need to record me recording my injuries but will not talk about repairing my vehicle.

    Evan’s Answer

    The most important concern is your health - seek immediate medical attention for your injuries. When you first see a doctor, be sure to explain that you were injured in an auto accident. If you do not have health insurance, some doctors are willing to treat you regardless because your injuries are from a motor vehicle accident.

    The next step would be to contact an experienced personal injury attorney. It is not advisable for you to speak with the other driver's insurance company without first speaking with an attorney.

    See question 
  • Will my auto insurance rates go up after my Florida car accident?

    Will my auto insurance rates go up after my Florida car accident?

    Evan’s Answer

    It might. The things to consider are whether the accident was your fault and/or you make a claim with your own insurance company for anything other than Medical Payment benefits (Med Pay).

    If the accident was not your fault, you should have nothing to worry about.

    Good luck and let me know if I may be of any further service.
    -Evan Kaine

    See question