Skip to main content
George Albert Stein

George Stein’s Answers

1 total

  • Can a person travel out of state (fly) with a DUI conviction/pending case?

    I have a court date for Jan 2011. I was arrested for DUI last week, and have plans to travel out of state for my birthday next week. Will I get in any kind of trouble? I am only going to be gone for four days.

    George’s Answer

    You are allowed to travel while your court case is pending. When you hire a lawyer to defend you of your pending DUI charge, they will probably inform you that you needn't attend the first few non-essential court dates, since a lawyer can attend those hearing for you. Remember that you will need some form of government I.D. to get through the airport, and keep in mind, that if your license is being held by the police, it may difficult to rent cars in other cities during your travels.

    See question