Would there be any need for me to speak to an attorney at this point or can I just wait to see what happens since Wkman comp is in process of setting up a functional capacity evaluation for me now.
As others have indicated, you should meet with an attorney before taking the FCE. FCE exams are often prescribed at the request of the insurance company. They are not intended to help you but to help the insurance company.See question
I need other legal advice for a second. I'm overwhelmed right now. I'm having my 3rd mediation in 2 days. My Attorney initially asked for $180k, the IC won't go pass $125k. I knew going in that I wouldn't walk out with that full amount, but I was ...
I am really sorry but it is impossible for anyone on this forum to give you advice about the value of your claim. So much goes into a determination of what you might get in a settlement. In your case, it could be that your employer has control over how much is being offered. Many times companies have high deductible amounts on each claiml. This means it is their money that is being offered, even though an insurance company is involved. Do keep in mind that the employer and insurer do not have to settle at all. It is completely voluntary.See question
what do I do now? how do I find out how to get my papers returned
His or her office will return your file to you. Go there and talk to them.See question
Can a hotel ask previous guest to leave when other states are being evacuated to other states due to hurricanes or any other type of severe weather
If you mean making you leave due to an evacuation order, then yes they can.See question
I was in a slip and fall accident at my college. Date of injury was 09/28/14, and on 09/30/16, exactly one day after the statute of limitations, I finally spoke to my actual claim adjuster. About 2-3 weeks after I was in the accident I tried to sp...
There is such a thing as sleeping on your rights and the penalty is loss of your cause of action. You are not likely to get past the running of the statute.See question
I have about 300 weeks of TTD left, which totals about $100,000. My Impairment rating totals $21,000. Am I guranteed the checks owed to me and the amount of my impairment?
That is hard to say. What is easy to say is that there is no guranty on how many weekly checks you will receive. Many factors can cause those payments to cease before the maximum is paid out. The permanent impairment rating can also change or be contested but for most purposes, like evaluating a claim for settlement, you can consider the amount due from the impairment rating to be solid.See question
By his Attorney & the IC. The Attorney went into negotiations at $150k. After going back & forth, the "number" they decided on was $75k, before attorney fees come out. My husband didn't agree, & refused the amount, however, the attorney was litera...
Well, first I have to say that no one on this forum can give you an opinion on what is and is not a good settlement for your husband without reviewing all the facts of the case in detail. Secondly, no, he does not have to settle. It is completely voluntary. He should sit down with his attorney and make it clear that what he really wants is more treatment. If the attorney does not want to help with that, then he should consult with another attorney.See question
My Adjuster wouldn't approve my Doctor's request for an MRI. I asked for the MRI to make sure my fusion was complete. They're rushing to settle, and that's why I wanted one, just to make sure everything was ok because I've still been in pain. I ag...
Quit trying to duel with the insurance company over your treatment and testing. That is what attorney's do every day. Hire an attorney to pursue your need for testing and further treatment. And you will certainly be better off when your case is ready to settle by having an attorney.See question
My treating Doctor requested a MRI to confirm my Fusion has healed but the adjuster denied it because they're sending me a settlement offer. I agreed to settle my case but I don't even know if I'm fused yet. My first question is, since they refuse...
You do not lose anything by talking to an attorney. All workers comp attorneys on this site will give you a free consultation. Take advantage of that. Talk to an attorney who can tell you what is a good settlement. It is impossible to give you any concrete advice on this forum without knowing everything about your claim.See question
i got hurt my case has been going on for 2 years i agreed to settle but it seems like going to barely have enough so i don't feel okay with signing and i wanted to know what happens if i don't sign.
Nothing. I am assuming you are getting your benefits now. If you are, they continue. No one can make you settle your claim. However, you would be wise to consult with an experienced workers comp attorney to get advice on your options and most importantly the true value of your claim.See question