Skip to main content
Tanner Woods Pittman

Tanner Pittman’s Legal Guides

2 total

  • How to petition for year's support in Georgia

    In Georgia, the surviving spouse or minor child(ren) of a deceased individual have a right to property out of his estate. This right is asserted via a Petition for Year's Support. What follows is a step-by-step guide to obtaining year's support through the courts.

    Read more 

  • How to petition for an order declaring no administration necessary (in Georgia)

    When someone dies without a will in Georgia, administering an estate can be a costly and cumbersome process. If there is not much property to deal with and the heirs are agreed about how to divide it, the above petition can be a cost-effective and faster way of dealing with an estate.

    Read more