5.0 stars 46 totalReview Sean McIlhinney
Posted by anonymous
I consulted Sean for traffic violation ticket for my son and found him to be very knowledgeable about the law. He was very reassuring in my first call and that took some of my stress away. When I met him in his offices, he took great care to explain his approach and took pains to answer my questions. More importantly, I found him to be an honest guy who can be your trusted partner.
Posted by Shannon
I retained Sean after getting a Super Speeder ticket on GA 400. It was helpful to have him there to explain the process and give guidance along the way--for example, on potential benefits and risks when I considered fighting it and letting it go to trial. When I decided to accept a plea, he was clear in communications on what needed to be done by when, and he was effective in ultimately bringing the situation to a reasonable resolution.
Posted by Wylonda
Sean handled a case involving a speeding ticket for my son. I submitted the information he needed to present the case and the results exceeded my expectations. Very thankful for his services and the cost was reasonable as well. Had I not contacted him, the consequences would have been both costly and extensive. Happy client!
Posted by Julia
Sean is an excellent traffic attorney. My 17 year old son got a speeding ticket and we called Sean. He assured us he could help, and that he did!!! Sean got the charge reduced, and my son received no points on his license. Thanks again Sean.
Posted by Joe
Ive been using Sean for several years and have been extremely happy with high and low end cases, from a DUI to a speeding Ticket. I've also used Sean on several corporate legal matters and contracts. Ive also referred many friends and clients of mine to him as well. He's a consummate professional attorney. 5 Stars isn't enough.
Posted by anonymous
Sean managed to strike me a deal that saved my license. This is my second time using his services which is why I knew I could trust him in doing so. The very first time was roughly over 4 years ago regarding a speeding ticket which he was able to have dismissed. The second time around it was for two violations that would amount to 6 points total on my license. With only having to do community service and paying a fine I was set with no points and no insurance increase.
Posted by Brett
Sean handled a traffic offense for me and advised me on the best way to proceed. Sean was able to obtain a full dismissal, a very favorable result. Would certainly recommend to others. Thank you Sean.
Posted by Tom
I have been absolutely content leaching off of other peoples reviews, while never writing my own. This is wrong probably in the same way listening to public radio without pledging may be wrong - I could say I have my reasons, but the bottom line is that for whatever reason this is my first online review. Is this because Sean's service was the only great service I have yet to receive since the conception of sharing opinions online? No, because there have been plenty of great services rendered, and purchases made. But what Sean did for me was so far above and beyond what I thought would have ever been possible I NEED to share this. I will make a pretty long story as condensed as I am able:
- I received a ticket supposedly for speeding on 75. I was told I was going in excess of what would be a super speeder.
- I have been unemployed for a while, and so broke my own protocol and pleaded with the officer to cut me some break.
- He returned with the ticket and told me how he did cut me a break by lowering it to a non-super speeder status.
- I never even doubled checked. I planned at this point on going in to fight this myself as I am sure there is no way I was going anywhere near speeding. (of course, I had no real argument - it would probably have ended up pretty embarrassing at the very least).
- Well, sure enough the day of my ticket I had a job interview I could not miss. My court date was at 8am, so when I called Sean that day around 11 am I had already messed up and had a warrant issued.
- amongst my panic he assured me that at that point there was no productive benefit to worrying or trying to do anything myself that day (not to mentioned I could not have anyway, or I probably would have tried). He told me to just 'focus on the work thing', and that he would be going down the next day and see what he could do.
- I have not mentioned that my phone is a serious piece of crap, and I mention it now because we essentially could not communicate during what happened next.
- No only did I miss the prior days court time (as already mentioned), and was it indeed a super speeder ticket after all, but also I apparently - according to the court - had also had an outstanding jaywalking ticket from 2007 or something. I can only imagine what would have happened if I was trying to take care of all of this myself. Luckily, I will never know. What exactly was he able to do for me?
- I suppose I better mentioned that I have no idea if this is typical and would not want to be the guy making a guarantee on Sean's behalf. All I can tell you is the absolute truth about my case: miraculously, BOTH tickets he got dismissals for! AND he went to the DMV himself to have my license reinstated.
- Again, I need to remind the reader that this was all done while I was unavailable to confer with for much of the work - the last minute work - he was doing all the while. He did it all and used impeccable judgment.
We have all heard it 'its not what you know but who you know'. I really don't know about that one way or the other, but this is a very likeable yet professional guy. He knows his stuff but knows how to resist the stereotypical stiff no personality types that 'can' go with the profession. Perhaps this helps in the end - his personality I mean... and that is just fine with me!
Posted by Speeding-student
I was headed back to school in Florida from Atlanta when I was nabbed doing 88 mph on I-75 south in Ashburn city, Georgia. I didn't argue but figured I needed to lawyer up since I have a Georgia Driver's Licence. I stumbled on Sean's details doing a google search on traffic offenses in Ashburn and I found him as good as his reviews. Sean McIlhinney was response to my emails and voice mails, often responding within 24-48 hrs. He spelt out the consequences of not dealing with the ticket: additional super speeder fines, points on my drivers license and increased insurance premiums. He had lots of experience dealing with Ashburn City courts and he made it clear what paperwork I needed to turn in and how he would proceed with my defense. Ultimately, he represented me in court, my ticket was negotiated to offenses below 80 mph and his legal fees, my fine and court fees added up to a little over $500. He and his team where knowledgeable, courteous and professional, not to mention reasonably priced! I highly recommend him.
Posted by Brigitte
Found Sean at the very last minute. And that was a blessing because at that point in time, I had lots of overwhelming issues to deal with -- and I just needed someone to handle my son's speeding ticket. Sean did just that. His professionalism and responsiveness from the very 1st call put me at ease right away, and I knew I could rely on him to take care of this situation. It was like I could press the easy button for at least 1 problem. I highly recommend him.