Posted by Brett
Sean handled a traffic offense for me and advised me on the best way to proceed. Sean was able to obtain a full dismissal, a very favorable result. Would certainly recommend to others. Thank you Sean.
Posted by Tom
I have been absolutely content leaching off of other peoples reviews, while never writing my own. This is wrong probably in the same way listening to public radio without pledging may be wrong - I could say I have my reasons, but the bottom line is that for whatever reason this is my first online review. Is this because Sean's service was the only great service I have yet to receive since the conception of sharing opinions online? No, because there have been plenty of great services rendered, and purchases made. But what Sean did for me was so far above and beyond what I thought would have ever been possible I NEED to share this. I will make a pretty long story as condensed as I am able:
- I received a ticket supposedly for speeding on 75. I was told I was going in excess of what would be a super speeder.
- I have been unemployed for a while, and so broke my own protocol and pleaded with the officer to cut me some break.
- He returned with the ticket and told me how he did cut me a break by lowering it to a non-super speeder status.
- I never even doubled checked. I planned at this point on going in to fight this myself as I am sure there is no way I was going anywhere near speeding. (of course, I had no real argument - it would probably have ended up pretty embarrassing at the very least).
- Well, sure enough the day of my ticket I had a job interview I could not miss. My court date was at 8am, so when I called Sean that day around 11 am I had already messed up and had a warrant issued.
- amongst my panic he assured me that at that point there was no productive benefit to worrying or trying to do anything myself that day (not to mentioned I could not have anyway, or I probably would have tried). He told me to just 'focus on the work thing', and that he would be going down the next day and see what he could do.
- I have not mentioned that my phone is a serious piece of crap, and I mention it now because we essentially could not communicate during what happened next.
- No only did I miss the prior days court time (as already mentioned), and was it indeed a super speeder ticket after all, but also I apparently - according to the court - had also had an outstanding jaywalking ticket from 2007 or something. I can only imagine what would have happened if I was trying to take care of all of this myself. Luckily, I will never know. What exactly was he able to do for me?
- I suppose I better mentioned that I have no idea if this is typical and would not want to be the guy making a guarantee on Sean's behalf. All I can tell you is the absolute truth about my case: miraculously, BOTH tickets he got dismissals for! AND he went to the DMV himself to have my license reinstated.
- Again, I need to remind the reader that this was all done while I was unavailable to confer with for much of the work - the last minute work - he was doing all the while. He did it all and used impeccable judgment.
We have all heard it 'its not what you know but who you know'. I really don't know about that one way or the other, but this is a very likeable yet professional guy. He knows his stuff but knows how to resist the stereotypical stiff no personality types that 'can' go with the profession. Perhaps this helps in the end - his personality I mean... and that is just fine with me!
Posted by Speeding-student
I was headed back to school in Florida from Atlanta when I was nabbed doing 88 mph on I-75 south in Ashburn city, Georgia. I didn't argue but figured I needed to lawyer up since I have a Georgia Driver's Licence. I stumbled on Sean's details doing a google search on traffic offenses in Ashburn and I found him as good as his reviews. Sean McIlhinney was response to my emails and voice mails, often responding within 24-48 hrs. He spelt out the consequences of not dealing with the ticket: additional super speeder fines, points on my drivers license and increased insurance premiums. He had lots of experience dealing with Ashburn City courts and he made it clear what paperwork I needed to turn in and how he would proceed with my defense. Ultimately, he represented me in court, my ticket was negotiated to offenses below 80 mph and his legal fees, my fine and court fees added up to a little over $500. He and his team where knowledgeable, courteous and professional, not to mention reasonably priced! I highly recommend him.
Posted by Brigitte
Found Sean at the very last minute. And that was a blessing because at that point in time, I had lots of overwhelming issues to deal with -- and I just needed someone to handle my son's speeding ticket. Sean did just that. His professionalism and responsiveness from the very 1st call put me at ease right away, and I knew I could rely on him to take care of this situation. It was like I could press the easy button for at least 1 problem. I highly recommend him.
Posted by John Cohen
Sean handled a very complex and emotional dispossessory hearing today for me to a successful conclusion. Despite the many mistakes that I had made he worked very hard to achieve a settlement. He showed great diplomatic and communicative skills. I strongly recommend his service.
Posted by Traffic Court Client
After researching and reviewing a few of Mr. McIlhinney’s Avvo reviews, I immediately decided to hire him to represent me in traffic court for a minor speeding ticket. Mr. McIlhinney was very knowledgeable on how to assist me with my case. He also worked long and hard to ensure that my case was handled in a timely and professional manner. The speeding ticket was dismissed and I did not have to go to court! I would recommend him anytime! Thanks a lot for your assistance.
Posted by Fouzia
What an excellent and professional Sean McIlhinney service is!!!! I talked to him on Monday about my case and all my issues were resolved the following day.
Posted by THI
sean mcllhinney is an excellent lawyer i have ever known . just one time meet him , the case was sole perfectly , thankyou so much mr sean
Posted by Anthony
Sean totally handled my case without having me to go to court. He is hard-working and kept me informed every step of the way. This guy knows what he doing and you would be proud to call him your attorney. I sure was. Thanks Sean!
Posted by Richard
I must apologize for taking so long to write this review. However, more than a year after service was provided (and with no prompting) I still feel so appreciative of the skill and grateful for the service provided by Mr. McIlhinney that I had to get this review on record.
Last year, a police officer essentially told me that he had to charge me with something because I was involved in an accident with damage to the car of another driver. Although I strongly disagreed, he settled on ‘failure to maintain lane’. I had no choice but to accept the ticket. My next action was to call Sean. I had benefitted from his services a couple times in the past when he masterfully mitigated tickets for my teenaged son. So, naturally I turned to him again.
I provided him with the essential facts/documents and he prepared me in an efficient and convenient manner. When we presented in court, he was clearly known and respected. Using his extensive experience/knowledge and based on the affirmative defense of justification, he secured a dismissal with no fines, points or penalties.
I could not have hoped or asked for a better outcome and it was all accomplished for a reasonable fee. If you need help with a traffic ticket, I would highly recommend the outstanding services of Sean J. McIlhinney