Skip to main content
Brian P Murphy

Brian Murphy’s Answers

1 total

  • Do i need to hire a attorney if i a have charge filed with the eeoc in sc.The charge is for sex discrimination and wronful term.

    I asked about advancing with the company and was told i would have to go thru certain steps to get there which i agreed and 2 months later they gave the job to someone else and didnt have them go thru any of the steps that i was told i had to go t...

    Brian’s Answer

    The EEOC mediation process rarely results in a meaningful offer. If it does, you can request time to consult with an attorney. I would not recommend hiring an attorney on an hourly basis to go to a mediation. If the mediation fails, or either party delines to participate, the charge is referred back to the investigation group.

    EEOC charges are taking a very long time to get through the system. More than a year is not unheard of right now.

    See question