Dr. George D. Pappas
Immigration Attorney at Hendersonville, NC
Licensed for 19 years
"...helping immigration clients represents one of the most rewarding experiences in my professional career. " George D. Pappas, Attorney at Law
Case Examples - Results Matter!
• DACA - In 2012-2013 I successfully processed over 75 DACA applications in North Carolina, Georgia and South Carolina. Each successful application resulted in my clients obtaining employment authorization leading to the acquisition of a Social Security number and a valid drivers license. These clients no longer live in the shadows of society.
• BIA Appeal Success! When the Charlotte Immigration Judge ruled against my client, I filed an appeal with the Board of Immigration of Appeals (BIA) and argued that the court failed to take material note of key evidence. The BIA agreed (En Banc - the full court) and 'remanded' my client's matter back to the Immigration Judge for furthr findings of fact. Instead of my client being forced to leave the United States, he will have a fair hearing to weigh all of the important evidence in his matter. A father of three and a husband, this family continues to have hope that their father and husband will soon have a green card. Stay tuned.
• BIA Appeal Success! With only a few hours before my client was scheduled to be deported, I filed an emergency motion with the Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA) to "stay" his deportation and have my client's matter "re-opened" based on new evidence and lack of "due process" - my motion was Granted. Today, my client's matter has been sent back to Immigration court for further review even though the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) submitted a written "opposition" to my motion with the BIA. Meanwhile, my client, his wife and his three young US born children still have hope that they will be permanently reunited. Update: My client was granted Legal Permanent Residence as of November 2013!
• Cancellation of Removal Defense (Boston, MA) - I defended and successfully cancelled the removal of a legal permanent resident (LPR) after my client was prosecuted by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in Boston Immigration Court based on an offence dating back to 1994. After presenting convincing evidence and creditable witnesses, DHS agreed that my client deserved to stay in the United States at the end of the hearing. The Immigration Judge agreed and issued a final order canceling my client's deportation. My client is free, a legal permanent resident today and applying for U.S. citizenship.
• Protecting Victims of Domestic Violence - I have successfully argued in North Carolina Mecklenburg District Court that a plaintiff who has threatened their undocumented spouse with "telling the immigration authorities" about their status is evidence of domestic violence. This was the first case in the United States to rule on this point.
• Waiver Success - I have adjusted the status for an applicant who was denied a green card because he once lied about his social security number. The applicant was granted a green card and today is a taxpaying resident.
• U Visa Success - I have obtained legal status and work permits for a child who was a victim of human trafficking. I obtained U visa approval for a victim of armed robbery and assult with a deadely weapon in Charlotte, NC. Many more of my client's are in the process of having their U Visa applications reviewed as of this writing. Stay tuned!
• Removal Success: I have obtained freedom for a legal permanent resident who was picked up by Immigration and Custom Enforcement (ICE) raid without lawful justification.
• I have helped clients avoid deportation/removal marks against their records.
• U.S. Citizenship: I have helped clients obtain U.S. Citizenship.
• Congressional Petition Success - Pre DACA, I helped a client obtain his green card after being denied by USCIS because he was brought to the United States when he was young child by his parents who were undocumented at the time.
• E Treaty: I have helped clients adjust their German E Treaty employment status to obtain a green card for themselves and their family.
To promote fairness and justice by testing charges and evidence presented by the government against an individual. In the immigration arena being the son of Greek Immigrant parents instilled in me the empathy and respect I have for the positive contributions that immigrants have and continue to make to our society.
In addition to representing immigration clients in U.S. Immigration Courts, USCIS, the Board of Immigration Appeals and in US Federal Court, I have also lived in many countries. I received most of my University education in England. I have represented hundreds of clients in criminal and family court in the United States. Collectively, this has given me the experience to represent many immigration clients successfully. I have had outstanding results for virtually all of my immigration clients. In addition to being an attorney, I am an experiened international trader, marketing professional, logistics professional, mantufacturing executive and the Executive Director of the International Center for Legal Studies (ICLS) where I also lecutre in such areas as International Protection of Human Rights and Jurisprudence. I am also the co-founer of ICLS (est. 2002).
Why did you decide on your primary area of practice?
Immigrants represent one of the best assets of our society,and unlike most other countries in the world, the United States has one of the better track records for accepting and assimilating new immigrants. Our system is not perfect not by a long shot, but compared to what I have witnessed in other countries, the United States still provides a relatively superior option for new immigrants who are willing to work and contribute to our society. Still, the U.S. immigration system remains a political football driven by misinformation and prejudice , and I believe that through education in our schools, government and the media, more people will come to understand the tremendous contributions that new immigrants can and do make to our society.
We have not found any instances of professional misconduct for this lawyer.
We have not found any cost information for this lawyerContact for Details