Skip to main content
Danielle L C Beach

Danielle Beach’s Legal Guides

8 total

  • Can a Person Obtain Permanent Residence through Marriage to a U.S. Citizen?

    In cases where the U.S. citizen and foreign-born spouse live in the United States, they must file a Form I-130, alien relative petition and Form I-485, green card application, with the appropriate USCIS service center. Such applications must include supporting documentation esta...

    Read more 

  • How Can a Person Become a U.S. Citizen?

    There are three ways to become a U.S. citizen. 1. By birth in the U.S. Under the 14th Amendment of the U.S. Constitution all persons born ... in the United States ... are citizens regardless of the status of their parents, who may be citizens, green card holders, nonimmigrants ...

    Read more 

  • What is a National Interest Waiver (NIW)?

    The Employment-Based Second Preference Category involves members of the professions who hold advanced degrees and individuals of exceptional ability in the arts, sciences, or business. Although this category generally requires an employer and labor certification, the Attorney Gen...

    Read more 

  • What Are the Qualifications for Employment-based Priority Workers for Green Cards?

    Persons of Extraordinary Ability In the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics, who have resulted in sustained national or International acclaim that should be demonstrated through extensi

    Read more 

  • What Are the Different Categories for Temporary Work Visas?

    Specialty Occupations (H1B) In order to be eligible for an H1B, a foreign national must have a job offer from a U.S. employer, which requires a bachelor's degree or equivalent in a field of specializ

    Read more 

  • How Can a Person Enter the United States for a Short Term Basis?

    An individual can come to the United States temporarily using a visa for a number of reasons, such as a tourist or visitor, student, business person, or short-term employee. Such temporary visas are called nonimmigrant visas and are issued at U.S. embassies and consulates abroad....

    Read more 

  • When Can a Person Become a Permanent Resident through Relatives?

    Immediate Relatives Includes spouses, parents, and children (under 21) of U.S. citizens (no quota or limit) First Preference Includes unmarried sons and daughters (21 years and older) of U.S. citizen

    Read more 

  • Obtaining a Visa to Enter the U.s. to Marry a U.s. Citizen

    K-1 Visa A K-1 fiancé visa allows a person to enter into the U.S. to marry a U.S. citizen. The U.S. citizen fiancé must file a Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé, with the United States Citizensh

    Read more