For the Affidavits of friends/family for the removal of conditions on my permanent residence in the USA, will I need an Acknowledgement or a Jurat from a notary?
In my experience no, if you follow this statutory provision: https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/28/1746. You may want to consider hiring a lawyer to assist with drafting.See question
Husband is L1B, the rest of us are L2
She may study. See https://www.ice.gov/doclib/sevis/pdf/Nonimmigrant%20Class%20Who%20Can%20Study.pdf.
There are, however, some benefits to the F-1 visa that it may be worth discussing with the school and/or an immigration attorney.See question
My wife's H-4 extension approval notice (I797-A) has her first and last name interchanged. What should i do and how long will it take to rectify?
Was the error the fault of USCIS? If so, you may request a Service Request. See https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/Intro.doSee question
My brother is studying in Germany and has a plan to apply for a student visa in 3 years to come to the US. On the other hand, I want to file I-130 for him. I have also applied for my parents who live in Iran and will definitely come here earlier t...
Difficult, but certainly not impossible, especially because the wait times are so long. It might be easier for him to get the visa first and then you file.See question
I am a US citizen. My mother's 10 yr Greencard expired in 2011. She hasn't been back since 2002. She lost her aging and ailing mother and then her older brother during that time.Plus she was seeking medical help for her arthritis and retinal (eye ...
If it truly was an emergency an SB-1 visa MIGHT be available, but being out of the country for 14 years is an exceedingly long period of time. A new I-130 is probably the easiest way to get her back.See question
Hi, my company filed my h1b extension after i797 and i94 expired about 10 days? Today I got following e receipt from company. Beneficiary: My name DOB: My don Classification: H1B Starting Validity Date: 07/12/16 Ending Validity ...
Is this an electronic processing approval?
The I-94 should be at the bottom of the paper Form. Usually the I-94 is coterminous with the ending validity date, however it could be earlier (if your passport expires earlier, for example). This may go to the attorney that filed the case, check with him/her.See question
My cousin had a denial of H1B visa in 2001 (15 yrs back) for misrepresentation of information, actually the photographs were digitally enhanced, no intention to misrepresent any info. He now settled in Australia, never thought of challenging the c...
A nonimmigrant inadmissibility waiver might be available; or perhaps a facial challenge to the finding. You would need to consult with an attorney who can review the full background before coming up with the best plan forward.See question
My wife overstayed her tourist visa 16 years ago. I am a legal resident and being able to request my citizenship on February 2018. We are willing to wait another 2 year for her to get a green card through me but would like to explore any option ...
There could PERHAPS be some sort of relief available but you would need to balance the risks of that with her possible eventual ability to receive a Green Card through you in a few years after you naturalize. I would schedule a consultation with an immigration attorney.See question
How should academic pharmacist having a specialized knowledge of Pharmacology (study of drugs) respond to this question while filling DS 160 visa application form for B1/B2 visa. YES/NO.. If yes then how i can explain this.
If you click yes you can explain your training and how that may fall under the wording of the question. At the time of the interview you can explain further. You should consider bringing an academic CV and/or transcripts as well.See question
My situation: I-140 was previously approved and priority date is current. Employment-based I-485 was filed and now is still pending. Question: I got married after my I-485 was submitted. Upon the approval of my I-485, can my foreign national...
I agree with the above answer. However, I would highly caution against filing an I-485 following a B-visa admission. It is far safer to consular process to avoid any kind of misrepresentation finding. You should schedule a consultation with an immigration attorney.See question