Skip to main content
Ryan Matthew Tutera

Ryan Tutera’s Answers

3 total

  • Is an underage drinking charge enough to violate probation?

    I am on non-reporting probation due to a DUI charge received in December of 2013. I am only 19 years old and will be attending college in Ohio next year. I also accepted the ARD offer that I was given. I have completed my CRN analysis, my AA meeti...

    Ryan’s Answer

    Under Pennsylvania law, the charge of underage drinking is graded as a summary level offense. Summary offenses are punishable by a maximum fine of $300.00 and/or 90 days incarceration. That being said, while summary offenses aren't the most serious offenses under Title 18 of the Crimes and Punishments statute, it still can affect your legal status. It is recommended that you contact an experienced criminal defense attorney in your area at once.

    See question 
  • How much jail time can a person get for a 1st offense of theft by unlawful taking and burglary of 2 overnight accomodations.

    a hand gun and rifle were taking along with jewelry. the jewelry was returned to owner but guns were not. this robbery was commited in a family members home of the burglar. the burglar robbed 2 homes. he is being charged with burglary of overnite ...

    Ryan’s Answer

    I agree with the answers given by my colleagues and I would add that this answer turns on the defendant's prior record score. If this defendant has prior felony 1 burglary convictions, he/she could potentially face a mandatory sentence under Title 42 Section 9714 (a)(1) or (a)(2). It is necessary that he/she finds a skilled and experienced attorney at once.

    See question 
  • Can false information in criminal complaint affect affiant??

    Can my co-worker manager file criminal charges against me as if he/she is the owner of the business?? I was accused and jailed on theft charges. Manager stated in criminal complaint that she is the owner of the business. This info is untrue. Sh...

    Ryan’s Answer

    If the statements made by her are shown to be false, it will affect her credibility with respect to everything else she accuses you of doing. Make sure you contact an experienced criminal defense attorney in your area before you proceed any further. Best of luck to you.

    See question